Does Anyone Know If the Yanks Are Still Talking With LA - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Does Anyone Know If the Yanks Are Still Talking With LA

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:39 pm

Here's the latest on the possible LA/White Sox trade:

Bartolo Colon - S - Chicago White Sox Dec 5

The Angels refused to confirm or deny reports that they have offered Bartolo Colon a contract.
Speculation is that they've offered him $48 million over four years. If they sign Colon, the Angels would then attempt to deal Jarrod Washburn or Ramon Ortiz for offense. Washburn has all the trade value, so he'd probably be the one to go. Source: Los Angeles Times
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Area51's » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:01 pm

HOOTIE wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Odalis for Konerko is a mistake. If they are going to trade Odalis, get yourself an impact bat. Odalis still has the potential to revert back to 01 form. I think they are just bitter he was mediocre in 02.

Perez isn't a impact pitcher, (terrible outside of LA), why should they get a impact bat in return? Trading Edmonds for Perez would be horrible for Cards. I would take Konerko for Perez, and Edmonds with a cherry on top. :-D

Have to agree w/ you here. Perez isn't as good as his 2002, and probably not as bad as last year. If there was anything we could do to get Edmonds for Perez and a prospect or two (not Miller/Hanrahan/Jackson) you do that thing yesterday. Nervous about Konerko a bit, but Carlos Lee would be sweet. Magglio to the dodgers is too good to be true, but that would be worth Perez, and a top farmhand.
If I were playing third base and my mother were rounding third with the run that was going to beat us, I'd trip her. Oh, I'd pick her up and brush her off and say, 'Sorry, Mom,' but nobody beats me.
Leo Durocher, Brooklyn Dodgers Manager
Area51's
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers