Like Something out of a bad horror film - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Like Something out of a bad horror film

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Like Something out of a bad horror film

Postby thedude » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:16 am

March 14, 2007

NORTH PLATTE, Neb. --Two stray cats attacked three people after they got into a house in North Platte. "I thought I had seen it all, but I have never seen anything like this," Chief of Police Martin Gutschenritter said Tuesday. A call for help Monday took animal control officer John Pettit to the home of Melissa Breva, Gutschenritter said. Breva told Pettit she had captured two cats in a bedroom.

"She said the cats had gotten into the house when the front door was open," Gutschenritter said, then attacked two women who were visiting Breva.

One, Wendy Holliday, suffered scratches, the chief said, and she was bitten on both ankles, both knees and on her left calf.

"She told the officer it happened when the two cats entered the residence and attacked her for no reason," Gutschenritter said.

The other woman, Rebecca Cheever, was bitten on the right calf.

After talking to the women, Pettit went to his truck for snares -- his "cat catchers."

Then he heard screaming from inside the house.

"When he ran back, he saw a young male with blood over his face," Gutschenritter said.

The cats had attacked a boy who had opened the bedroom door.

"He was bitten on his forehead, nose, left ear and right cheek," the chief said.

After some first aid from Pettit, the three were taken to Great Plains Regional Medical Center for more treatment.

When investigator John Stadler arrived and opened the bedroom door, "he saw a gray and white cat baring its teeth in attack mode," Gutschenritter said. "He shut the bedroom door and returned to his car for a dart gun."

Both cats were shot, tranquilized and taken to the animal shelter, where they were euthanized.

The bodies were sent to Lincoln for rabies checks, Gutschenritter said.

Authorities want to find out who owned the cats.

Under city ordinance, cats may run free if they don't become nuisances.

"I'm on the animal commission, and we've never seen anything like this," Gutschenritter said. "We have dealt with dog bites, but we've never had one with a cat."

!+)
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:07 am

The first concern I have is Rabies. That's some rather odd behavior from a cat - attacking something that much bigger for no apparent reason.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:41 pm

knapplc wrote:The first concern I have is Rabies. That's some rather odd behavior from a cat - attacking something that much bigger for no apparent reason.

Agreed with Knapp. Very strange. :-o
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby pokeyjoe » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:16 pm

Wow...just another reason to add to the list of why I don't like cats.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
pokeyjoe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:18 pm

pokeyjoe wrote:Wow...just another reason to add to the list of why I don't like cats.

This isn't usual cat behavior. If you don't like cats, that is your prerogative, but this isn't how a normal cat acts.... :-b
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby pokeyjoe » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:44 pm

pokerplaya wrote:
pokeyjoe wrote:Wow...just another reason to add to the list of why I don't like cats.

This isn't usual cat behavior. If you don't like cats, that is your prerogative, but this isn't how a normal cat acts.... :-b

I know, I was just kidding, I have a cat. I don't hate all cats, but I'm a big dog lover, and I find in general that cats are less amiable and are more into getting what they want than dogs.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
pokeyjoe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to General Talk