Pale Hose CF - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pale Hose CF

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pale Hose CF

Postby George Bell » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:45 am

Anderson, Erstad, Owens, Sweeney? Who gets the job?
George Bell 1987 AL MVP
"Kiss my purple butt."
George Bell
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shasty mcnasty » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:33 am

in order of likelihood:
Erstad (with Pods seemingly ready to roll in left, that leaves Center field as pretty much his only option)
Anderson (best defensive outfielder, but it seems that they like Erstad starting every day. Probably both he and Erstad will make the 25 man, with one of them getting the starting nod and the other being the first OF sub, although there is some talk of Anderson going to Triple A in order to have an every day starting job. I think it's a shame really, since he is hitting so well in ST (.348)...i'd rather see him starting every day, but it seems like it will be Erstad)
Sweeney
Owens (i don't think he's been getting alot of time in Center, more so in Left, and if Pods goes down, then perhaps you would see him there...or if Crede gets traded, then you'll obviously see him at 3rd)
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: enjoying another beautiful day in southwest Michigan

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:48 am

Could be Rowand, aren't they still trying to trade for him? :-?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby shasty mcnasty » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:54 am

deerayfan072 wrote:Could be Rowand, aren't they still trying to trade for him? :-?

ugh, yeah, there are always those rumors...i don't know why anyone who had erstad on their team would also want Rowand...they're like the same guy, escept Erstad actually has some talent.
The Sox do have alot of young live arms in the bullpen, and apparently Philly would be interested in acquiring some...it's just that i can't see why you'd give up any of them for Rowand...now if Philly has something else that Kenny is looking for then i guess i could see a package deal, but i sure hope he doesn't give up much of anything...i just can't see how adding Rowand into the mix improves anything...it just muddles an already muddled situation even further.
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dmville » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:59 am

Haven't heard much on the Rowand trade in recent days.

Anderson has been playing well, but Ozzie may have issues w him judging from comments he made during the whole McCarthy blowup. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets moved.
Dmville
Dmville
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby shasty mcnasty » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:02 pm

Dmville wrote:Haven't heard much on the Rowand trade in recent days.

Anderson has been playing well, but Ozzie may have issues w him judging from comments he made during the whole McCarthy blowup. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets moved.

seemed like those comments were blown out of proportion a bit...not to say that BA couldn't get moved...obviously, between Kenny and Ozzie, anything's possible, and we do have other young talent in the OF...just doesn't seem like his trade value would bring back very much right now after his terrible year last year... :-?
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby SmartassBoiler » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:16 pm

shasty mcnasty wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Could be Rowand, aren't they still trying to trade for him? :-?

ugh, yeah, there are always those rumors...i don't know why anyone who had erstad on their team would also want Rowand..

Have you looked at how Erstad has hit over the past few years? The dude can't really hit anymore AND he's an injury waiting to happen. I'd embrace a trade for Rowand, although ideally I'd like them to give the job to Anderson again and let him either learn the big league game or play himself out of a job.

To answer the question, Erstad is the favorite right now.
SmartassBoiler
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby shasty mcnasty » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:43 pm

SmartassBoiler wrote:
shasty mcnasty wrote:

ugh, yeah, there are always those rumors...i don't know why anyone who had erstad on their team would also want Rowand..

Have you looked at how Erstad has hit over the past few years? The dude can't really hit anymore AND he's an injury waiting to happen. I'd embrace a trade for Rowand, although ideally I'd like them to give the job to Anderson again and let him either learn the big league game or play himself out of a job.

I agree about Erstad...he stinks and he's an injury waiting to happen...i guess i see Rowand as basically the same guy...a little less talent, and a little less injury risk, but they both stink. If i never see Rowand up at the plate for the WS, it will be too soon. Totally agree on Anderson, though. I wish they'd let him have the job and either earn it or get lost, but it looks like Erstad. Ugh.
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby SOUTHSIDE HITMEN » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:50 pm

shasty mcnasty wrote:
SmartassBoiler wrote:
shasty mcnasty wrote:

I agree about Erstad...he stinks and he's an injury waiting to happen...i guess i see Rowand as basically the same guy...a little less talent, and a little less injury risk, but they both stink. If i never see Rowand up at the plate for the WS, it will be too soon. Totally agree on Anderson, though. I wish they'd let him have the job and either earn it or get lost, but it looks like Erstad. Ugh.

I don't know why the Sox are so down on Anderson? I say give him a chance like they did Crede and if he performes great if not then we have Erstad or Sweeney or Owens. I loved Rowand when he played with us but I don't get the love affair KW has on Rowand. KW has to stop traded for guys multiple times..Everett and Alomar :~( .
SOUTHSIDE HITMEN
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby shasty mcnasty » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:44 am

SOUTHSIDE HITMEN wrote:
shasty mcnasty wrote:
SmartassBoiler wrote:
shasty mcnasty wrote:

I don't know why the Sox are so down on Anderson? I say give him a chance like they did Crede and if he performes great if not then we have Erstad or Sweeney or Owens. I loved Rowand when he played with us but I don't get the love affair KW has on Rowand. KW has to stop traded for guys multiple times..Everett and Alomar :~( .

yeah, i really don't see what's so difficult about this...we have young, talented guys. it would be one thing if there was actually someone good above them, but we're talking about Erstad/Rowand/Mackowiac (last year)...i mean, what are you really losing by letting your young guys play? Ugh. And i really hope Rowand doesn't become the next Everett...i mean, Rowand's a great guy and all, and it's always entertaining in an odd way to watch him pound the wall, but he really doesn't offer very much; i'd be much more interested in seeing the kids play...
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers