Corey Patterson - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Corey Patterson

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:51 am

Anonymous wrote:It's nice to see some other teams then the others trying to compete. Go Padres. Hope they make some noise.

so do I ..... only 122 more days .... :-o :-o I can't wait ....
You know what we need to kill some time ..... a "Slow Mock Draft" .... :-B
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 743)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:26 am

wrveres wrote:
LBJackal wrote:Where would he play in SD?? Don't they have a full OF?? They have Giles, Nevin, Klesko, and Nady sharing the 3 OF spots and 1B, and they have Terrence Long to play OF when Nevin gets injured (notice I didn't say if). I don't see a need for Lofton. Although with all those power hitters, having him in there might not be a bad idea. But who would be on the bench if they actually got Lofton???

Nady and Long are very much trade bait..... Nevin will play 1B, Giles and Klesko in the corner OF spots. There has been mention of Lofton, Cameron and Ordonez all manning center next season ...
If nothing does happen, expect to see Giles in center and Nady/Klesko on the corners. Long will be the 4th OF ..

Nady's trade bait? Hmm, I thought they would have been keeping him so they have some youth. Maybe they're making a run for it in 2004!

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:24 am

wrveres wrote:
LBJackal wrote:Where would he play in SD?? Don't they have a full OF?? They have Giles, Nevin, Klesko, and Nady sharing the 3 OF spots and 1B, and they have Terrence Long to play OF when Nevin gets injured (notice I didn't say if). I don't see a need for Lofton. Although with all those power hitters, having him in there might not be a bad idea. But who would be on the bench if they actually got Lofton???

Nady and Long are very much trade bait..... Nevin will play 1B, Giles and Klesko in the corner OF spots. There has been mention of Lofton, Cameron and Ordonez all manning center next season ...
If nothing does happen, expect to see Giles in center and Nady/Klesko on the corners. Long will be the 4th OF ..

I respect Towers but he is going to have a hard time finding anyone to take Long.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Long

Postby Peter_Gammons_Replacement » Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:02 am

The worst OF in baseball is Terrence Long. Sad part is that he actually believes he is good. Only fact is that he's OVERPAID and should be making the minimum as a pinch runner.
Peter_Gammons_Replacement

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Re: Long

Postby wrveres » Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:11 am

Peter_Gammons_Replacement wrote:The worst OF in baseball is Terrence Long. Sad part is that he actually believes he is good. Only fact is that he's OVERPAID and should be making the minimum as a pinch runner.

you could pretty much put quotes on that ... I think Peter would be impressed ... sounds like the usual uncomprehensive non-sense coming from him. ;-D The only thing you forgot was the drool ...

and hopefully, You and Peter can watch Terrence up close and personal real soon, In New York .. :-)
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 743)

Re: Long

Postby DK » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:25 pm

Peter_Gammons_Replacement wrote:The worst OF in baseball is Terrence Long. Sad part is that he actually believes he is good. Only fact is that he's OVERPAID and should be making the minimum as a pinch runner.

Make Peter proud. :D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby tal1286 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:03 pm

Corey Patterson can fly. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him lead off, especially now that they have 4 power hitters in the middle of the lineup. I'm kinda concerned about his average slipping but he can steal bases and hit so i'm thinking leadoff.

Leyland said, "We thought we were getting a hell of a player, but Neifi simply did not perform well."

really?
tal1286
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mr. Smithers » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:52 pm

I think Corey should do fine. He is really young and should bounce back from his injury with no problem. Also hes got a better lineup around him. I think it can only get better for Patterson. His plate displine will slowly inprove over the next couple of years.
Mr. Smithers
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers