Yankees farm system - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yankees farm system

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby moose » Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:05 am

I follow the minors quite a bit. I can tell you right now the New York Yankees farm system is THE WORST in baseball. Boston's isnt great but it's twice that of the Yankees.
moose
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:38 am

ramble2 wrote:I'm sure that the crappy Tiger management would have managed to f-up Smoltz somehow anyways.

LMAO :-b
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 387)

Postby ukjohn » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:51 am

moose wrote:I follow the minors quite a bit. I can tell you right now the New York Yankees farm system is THE WORST in baseball. Boston's isnt great but it's twice that of the Yankees.

I wouldn't call the Yankees the worst, but they could be definitly be in the bottom five.
"I'm out like a fat girl in dodge ball"
ukjohn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:57 am

ukjohn wrote:
moose wrote:I follow the minors quite a bit. I can tell you right now the New York Yankees farm system is THE WORST in baseball. Boston's isnt great but it's twice that of the Yankees.

I wouldn't call the Yankees the worst, but they could be definitly be in the bottom five.

Who would you call the worst?
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 387)

Postby ukjohn » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:06 am

St Louis probably
"I'm out like a fat girl in dodge ball"
ukjohn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Transmogrifier » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:57 am

By the way, Theo has done a good job through the Rule 5 draft, too.

If my memory serves me correctly, Lyons was a Rule 5 pickup from the Blue Jays. It's not like we were giving up a longterm top prospect there.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Area51's » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:16 pm

joshheines wrote:
Arlo wrote:While all minor league rankings are highly subjective (I'm not so sure I'd agree that Anaheim is #1, for instance), I think we can all probably agree that Boston's minor league system is pretty much middle of the road.

How can you disagree with Anaheim not being #1? Casey Kotchman, Dallas McPherson and Jeff Mathis alone make it #1. Then you throw in the fact that they have some young fireballers and it's almost clear. Other contenders for top five would be the Phillies (Hamels, Floyd, Utley), Mets (Kazmir, Milledge, Huber, Wright), Royals (Greinke). Boston's minor league system is slightly lower than middle of the road. They are probably in the 20-23 range.

I agree w/ the Angels being the best ATM. We used to have their A-club here, before the Cubs took it over. It USED to be just sweet w/ Glaus/Anderson/Percival.....anyway.....

Just wanted to point out the dodgers farm is pretty nice w/ Edwin Jackson, Greg Miller, Joel Hanrahan ....for pitchers, and OF Reggie Abercrombie and 1b James Loney aren't bad.

Yes the pitching is GOOD, and the offense is sorta ho-hum...but its the best farm system they've had since early 80's.

Yes I'm biased!
If I were playing third base and my mother were rounding third with the run that was going to beat us, I'd trip her. Oh, I'd pick her up and brush her off and say, 'Sorry, Mom,' but nobody beats me.
Leo Durocher, Brooklyn Dodgers Manager
Area51's
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:51 pm

I think NYY c Navarro by himself, puts NY above Cards and Expos, who only placed 3 guys in top 20, and ranked last. You like the Cards and Expos more?
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby DK » Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:25 pm

Anonymous wrote:Yankees cupboard in the minors is almost bare. Boston isn't that bad. The Mets have some nice prospects coming up including a few 3b, c, and pitching prospects. Maybe Diaz if he keeps hitting tho his weight and average defense is a concern. The Mets lack OF prospects. Maybe Milledge, and doubtfully Duncan tho several people think he can do well. He seems to have a Gold Glove and a bronze bat

I've said the same thing about Duncan all along: Gold Glove, Bronze Bat. Same with Shinjo.

Can't wait until Milledge, Diaz, and Kazmir hit the majors...Oh yeah... ;-D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers