Determining postion weight - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Determining postion weight

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Determining postion weight

Postby jfg » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:49 pm

When making an overall cheat sheet how do you determine how much to add to a player based on position?

I don't want to go by gut because the rest of my projections are based on standard deviation formulas and want to keep it solely based on numbers.

The only thing I can think of is adding the difference between the next player ranked. That won't work though because Utley would be the #1 player on the board. Using standard deviation on the totals wouldn't work because it would be the same for all of the positions. Anybody have a good formula?
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ace » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:46 pm

one way is to subtract the replacement level player's rating for each position. so if theres going to be about 12 second basemen taken in your league, i think you want to subtract the 13th ranked second baseman's rating from all other second basemen. in this case it would be brandon phillips or someone like that. this makes it so that utley with position scarcity is actually utley minus phillips. all replacement level players are supposed to be zero... phillips would be phillips minus himself.

correct me if anythings wrong...
Ace
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers