How High on Catchers? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How High on Catchers?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jnormy » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:33 am

The Jury wrote:First of all, do a little research and create some good catcher rankings!

Pudge is decent but the elite catchers are Mauer, Victor Martinez, and Brian McCann, and not necessarily in that order.

But according to the OP, Mauer is protected and this is an AL-only league, so McCann's not part of his equation.

One name I haven't seen mentioned here is Piazza. I'm guessing you can get him for less than V-Mart, and he'll give you similar if not better offensive numbers and may even get more ABs as Oakland's full-time DH. And I agree with the previous poster who mentioned Laird. If you can land these two guys, you're in pretty good shape at the C position.
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Jury » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:36 am

jnormy wrote:
The Jury wrote:First of all, do a little research and create some good catcher rankings!

Pudge is decent but the elite catchers are Mauer, Victor Martinez, and Brian McCann, and not necessarily in that order.

But this is an AL-only league, so McCann's not part of his equation.

One name I haven't heard mentioned here is Piazza. I'm guessing you can get him for less than V-Mart, and he'll give you similar if not better offensive numbers and may even get more ABs as Oakland's full-time DH. And I agree with the previous poster who mentioned Laird. If you can land these two guys, you're in pretty good shape at the C position.

Shoot, my bad for pulling a "sadlyajetsfan" and not reading properly. :-P
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers