who thinks the mets should move reyes to second - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

who thinks the mets should move reyes to second

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

who thinks the mets should move reyes to second

Postby L0rdB23 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:50 am

according to espn insider:

Dec. 4 - The Mets suddenly have jumped to the forefront of the race to sign the latest Japanese import, offering Matsui a multi-year contract with assurances he would be the team's shortstop. The team will move Jose Reyes to second base if Matsui signs. According to the N.Y. Times, agent Arn Tellem told the Mets that Matsui is interested in becoming the second Japanese star to play in New York.
At this point, the Mets are believed to be the only team to make a formal offer, which the N.Y. Daily News puts at believed to be for three years and approximately $21 million, although the Dodgers, Orioles, Mariners and Angels are expected to bid, as well. Matsui, a seven-time Japanese All-Star, who batted .305 with 33 homers and 84 RBI last season.

WHY.. WHY .. WHY.. he wont make us much better and if he signs with us hes going to prevent us from getting the outfield help and starter we need instead of just signing a Vina for 1 or 2 years until our young guys are ready.. i dont understand this.. leave the 20 year old phenom at SS.. im starting to hate the mets
L0rdB23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Erboes » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:57 am

Maybe Matsui's better than everone here thinks. I'd be surprised if he signs with the Mets. I believe it's just the agent trying to move the process along. Once the Dodgers and Angels make their bids the Mets will fall out of the picture rather quickly, in my opinion, as long as the offers are close to being comparable.

I don't like the Mets either, for differing reasons than the Red Sox. They're too busy letting the Yankees dictate their direction instead of setting their own course. A pitiful organization.
Last edited by Erboes on Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Broncmet724 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:41 pm

Why shouldn't Reyes move? He's played a grand total of 69 games at ss, he only 20, and the Mets should be getting a bona fide major leaguer in Matsui. He's 28 I believe? So here's my point. Would you rather have Matsui at SS and Reyes at 2B, or would you rather have Reyes at SS and say Reese at 2B? No brainer to me.
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:53 pm

I say move Reyes to 2B. It's too shallow of a position in fantasy ball next year. ;-D Hehe. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Area51's » Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:19 pm

Madison wrote:I say move Reyes to 2B. It's too shallow of a position in fantasy ball next year. ;-D Hehe. :-b

Finally! SOme logic. :*) That would actually make MORE sense than a lot of things the mets have done lately. :-/ I could at least buy that argument...... ;-D

:-]
If I were playing third base and my mother were rounding third with the run that was going to beat us, I'd trip her. Oh, I'd pick her up and brush her off and say, 'Sorry, Mom,' but nobody beats me.
Leo Durocher, Brooklyn Dodgers Manager
Area51's
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DK » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:02 pm

I agree with Brocmet. Even though Reyes is a fantastic player, would you rather have Matsui-Reyes or Reyes-Danny Garcia? Besides, that DP team will be awesome. Back to the days of Ordonez-Alfonzo.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Madison » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:11 pm

Area51's wrote:
Madison wrote:I say move Reyes to 2B. It's too shallow of a position in fantasy ball next year. ;-D Hehe. :-b

Finally! SOme logic. :*) That would actually make MORE sense than a lot of things the mets have done lately. :-/ I could at least buy that argument...... ;-D

:-]

:-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby HOOTIE » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:04 pm

If Reyes was a bad glove at ss like Jeter, i would say good move. But why mess with Reyes, who has a nice arm and glove at ss? Don't move the one legit player you have, out of position.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby bell » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:02 pm

Another spin: the influx of media attention and monetary intake just from the Japanese-side would warrant such a position move for Reyes.
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby EricF » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:10 pm

Moving him to second will give him double position eligibility for 2004, always a nice thing to have, particularly in the infield.
EricF
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers