Rich Aurilia, Super super sleeper! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rich Aurilia, Super super sleeper!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rich Aurilia, Super super sleeper!

Postby biggamer3 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:35 am

This guy gets no love, i mean he could very likely end up the year with a 290 25 85 year out of SS position, very similiar to Tejada and he goes undrafted in many leagues!

Guys Scoop him up, he is a super sleeper

I know guys will call me crazy for the Tejada comparison, of course i like Miggy more, but the stats could be very similiar, i like Aurialla more than most SS, including Drew and Peralta and so on
biggamer3
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CeeLoGreen » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:42 am

I couldn't agree more. I tried to snag him as a backup in all my leagues. He is eligible at 1B, 2B, SS, 3B in Yahoo and may be hitting third in front of Barry Bonds, so he will see some good pitches. And he is back in SF where he had his best season hitting in front of Bonds.

All these things scream success to me. I have been wrong before though, but for the investment it takes to get him, it could pay off big...
Basically I'm complicated.
I have a hard time taking the easy way
I wouldn't call it schizophrenia
But Ill be at least two people today

If that's OK

And I can go on, and on, and on...

But who cares?
CeeLoGreen
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:52 am

Aurilla in Cincy's park = ;-D

Aurilla in SF's park = :-t
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 109)

Postby Old_Style » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:04 am

Havok1517 wrote:Aurilla in Cincy's park = ;-D

Aurilla in SF's park = :-t

You are correct.

It's a reasonable risk to pick him up for cheap or in a late round. He had a few good years for the Giants years ago. His position eligibility makes him intriguing. He's not getting any older though. I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants platoon him with Sweeney.

I wouldn't rank him about Peralta or Drew.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheRock » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:37 am

Old_Style wrote:He's not getting any older though.

:-? :-? Um... nevermind.

:-D

Yeah, Aurilia's a great backup utility guy that can play everywhere. But don't make the mistake of thinking he'll move from an extreme hitters park to an extreme pitchers park and go bananas because he had some good years there many years ago. If he gets 15-20 dingers and manages to not kill your BA he'll fulfill his purpose.

<edit for taunting purposes...>
Nice avatar by the way... :-D

</edit>
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Old_Style » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:45 am

TheRock wrote:
Old_Style wrote:He's not getting any older though.

:-? :-? Um... nevermind.

:-D

Yeah, Aurilia's a great backup utility guy that can play everywhere. But don't make the mistake of thinking he'll move from an extreme hitters park to an extreme pitchers park and go bananas because he had some good years there many years ago. If he gets 15-20 dingers and manages to not kill your BA he'll fulfill his purpose.

<edit for taunting purposes...>
Nice avatar by the way... :-D

</edit>

You know what I meant.

And thank you. B-)
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Rich Aurilia, Super super sleeper!

Postby greenandgold » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:02 am

biggamer3 wrote:This guy gets no love, i mean he could very likely end up the year with a 290 25 85 year out of SS position, very similiar to Tejada and he goes undrafted in many leagues!

Guys Scoop him up, he is a super sleeper

I know guys will call me crazy for the Tejada comparison, of course i like Miggy more, but the stats could be very similiar, i like Aurialla more than most SS, including Drew and Peralta and so on

Crazy!

Aurilia could be alright but the comparison with Tejada is out of line, I would expect Tejada to hit .15-25 points higher in BA and ~35 more RBI then your projection (which is high), not to mention racking up ~25 more runs. The 25 HRs are Aurilias top end and Tejadas baseline.
greenandgold
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby stumpak » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:28 am

You are nuts to compare him to Tejada.

1 - He is old and last year Cincy did not believe that he could take 162 game season and rested him about 25%. I would be surprised if he starts more than 130 games this season.

2 - As pointed out above, he is going from a good park and a potent line-up to pitcher's park and a crappy offense.

3 - He has a long history of up and down seasons. The guy has been aroud for somethign 12 years and has never been able to sustain anything. Guys in their mid-30s do not suddenly blossom into consistent .290/30 guys unless there are exogenous factors, which I do not think is the case with Aurilia. He could just as easily be .250/12 as he could be .290/30.

Frankly, he should not really be rostered in a 10 team league. His true advantage is the fac tthat he has eligability for all 4 IF positions and can be counted on to hit well vs lefties. For this reasons I picked him up to fill my last roster spot in a 13 team league, but he is really not worth anything more than this. There is no way that I would consider him as my regular SS or 2B.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:33 am

does aurilia even have a full time job?
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Ender » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:37 am

He won't play full time, he's in a massive pitchers park, the Giants lineup stinks.

I think I'll pass on him.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 451)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers