Need some info on an autographed Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia

Need some info on an autographed Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need some info on an autographed Baseball

Postby sunshinejo » Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:14 am

I am looking for any information on a mint condition autographed baseball I own. It has been signed by Hank Aaron, Pete Rose and Nolan Ryan. I would like to know the worth, and where & when this signing may have taken place. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sunshinejo
sunshinejo
T-Ball Trainer


Posts: 1
Joined: 4 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:08 am

How about at an All-Star game? Those three played together in '73 and '75.

Keep in mind, though, that not all players may have added their signature at the same occasion.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8847
Joined: 4 Jan 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Cheap Seats

Postby Madison » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:00 am

Arlo wrote:How about at an All-Star game? Those three played together in '73 and '75.

Keep in mind, though, that not all players may have added their signature at the same occasion.


Good points Arlo. ;-D

As to the value, without a certificate of authenticity, it's hard to say. Even with one, it would be a little difficult to figure out an exact value. Best thing to do is have it appraised. Costs a little money, but it very well could be worth it. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Re: Need some info on an autographed Baseball

Postby mikcou » Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:03 pm

sunshinejo wrote:I am looking for any information on a mint condition autographed baseball I own. It has been signed by Hank Aaron, Pete Rose and Nolan Ryan. I would like to know the worth, and where & when this signing may have taken place. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sunshinejo


nice ball.. You got some nice signatures on it. I have a Tom Glavine ball but thats it.
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2060
Joined: 28 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Red Sox Nation

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:59 am

Madison wrote:
Arlo wrote:How about at an All-Star game? Those three played together in '73 and '75.

Keep in mind, though, that not all players may have added their signature at the same occasion.


Good points Arlo. ;-D

As to the value, without a certificate of authenticity, it's hard to say. Even with one, it would be a little difficult to figure out an exact value. Best thing to do is have it appraised. Costs a little money, but it very well could be worth it. :-)


I always laugh at COA's. Any Joe Schmoe can just print them out on their computer. Years ago, I got an Eric Lindros auto and the COA had his name misspelled on it. I brought it back to the store and some girl just filled in his name correctly. Now that's authentic. ;-D

It's strange how much weight they hold even though they can be useless.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Arlo » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:02 pm

Lofunzo wrote:


I always laugh at COA's. Any Joe Schmoe can just print them out on their computer. Years ago, I got an Eric Lindros auto and the COA had his name misspelled on it. I brought it back to the store and some girl just filled in his name correctly. Now that's authentic. ;-D

It's strange how much weight they hold even though they can be useless.[/quote]
True, and that's a shame. I guess that makes the reputable authentification companies' COAs worth all the more, though.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8847
Joined: 4 Jan 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Cheap Seats

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:32 pm

Arlo wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:


I always laugh at COA's. Any Joe Schmoe can just print them out on their computer. Years ago, I got an Eric Lindros auto and the COA had his name misspelled on it. I brought it back to the store and some girl just filled in his name correctly. Now that's authentic. ;-D

It's strange how much weight they hold even though they can be useless.

True, and that's a shame. I guess that makes the reputable authentification companies' COAs worth all the more, though.[/quote]

True. When I see Steiner, I always feel that I get what I pay for.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey


Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Jul. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact