Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ramble2 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:39 pm

wrveres wrote:
Nomar4prez wrote:
wrveres wrote:
ukjohn wrote:
Maybe he thinks he can get more money in Boston

:-? you mean Baltimore? No way he goes to Boston, IMO

one would think so .... but why theo is playing Fantasy ball here ... what better way to really stick it George ... does Boston have three OF that are better ...

Nixon, Manny, Sheff ... send Damon on a trade to Pittsburgh for Kendall ... Nevermind that you have a catcher .... you have a SS too but thats not stopping Theo from .. " upgrading"

For one, there's no way Kendall is better than Varitek. The sox won't get Sheffield. No need for him, and not enough money. Even if we get Arod, and trade Nomar, theres not enough money left over to sign him. I was wondering though that if we traded Manny for Arod, who would be our left fielder? Would we move Millar out there and bring in Ortiz to play 1st?

sheffield .... I just told ya .... and I'd take my chance with Kendall over Varitek .. :-o

I like that Sheff to Bos scenario. Not 'cause I think it'll happen, but because it makes me laugh and smile.

And if this A Rod deal goes down with the Sox send yearly payments to the Rangers for Manny, then I won't be buying the 'not enough money in Boston' argument for a while. There is money to burn in Boston. And if you ship Manny, why not bring in Sheffield? I mean, won't the Sox miss having a team malcontent?

Look you gotta hand it to Sheffield. He hasn't even signed a contract yet and he's already causing trouble for the Yanks. Yea, that'll really bump up his market value. ;-D
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ramble2 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:54 pm

All right, forgive me. I'm on a Tejada-as-answer-to-all-problems-baseball kick here.

Here's what Steinbrenner should do. Or, rather, what Cashman should convince Steinbrenner to do.

Screw Sheffield. Let him hang.

Go sign Tejada. Get Giambi to convince him to play 2nd. Then move Soriano to the OF, where he belongs. Would Tejada be up for playing 2nd? Who knows? Giambi was lobbying for Tejada to come to the Yanks and play 3rd, so why not 2nd? Tejada's a team player, the Yanks will give him a bunch of money, the opportunity to play on a winning team, and he'll be back with his buddy Giambi.

And can you imagine the satisfaction Steinbrenner would get out of socking it to Sheffield after the renege? Heck, screw Steinbrenner, can you imagine the satisfaction most of us would get out of watching Sheffield burn himself after digging this stupid hole of his?

It'd be beautiful. It needs to happen. Someone contact Cashman ASAP.
:-D
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Madison » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:43 pm

ramble2 wrote:All right, forgive me. I'm on a Tejada-as-answer-to-all-problems-baseball kick here.

Here's what Steinbrenner should do. Or, rather, what Cashman should convince Steinbrenner to do.

Screw Sheffield. Let him hang.

Go sign Tejada. Get Giambi to convince him to play 2nd. Then move Soriano to the OF, where he belongs. Would Tejada be up for playing 2nd? Who knows? Giambi was lobbying for Tejada to come to the Yanks and play 3rd, so why not 2nd? Tejada's a team player, the Yanks will give him a bunch of money, the opportunity to play on a winning team, and he'll be back with his buddy Giambi.

And can you imagine the satisfaction Steinbrenner would get out of socking it to Sheffield after the renege? Heck, screw Steinbrenner, can you imagine the satisfaction most of us would get out of watching Sheffield burn himself after digging this stupid hole of his?

It'd be beautiful. It needs to happen. Someone contact Cashman ASAP.
:-D

Not sure about the Tejada idea, but it wouldn't surprise me at all for the Yankees to sign Vlad instead of Sheff now.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby timkell » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:03 pm

If the Yanks signed Vlad, they'd REALLY have to get rid of Boone and Soriano.

Those three guys in one lineup? A pitcher could throw an 80 pitch complete game!
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DieHardCubbie » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:22 am

wrveres wrote:this is called stalling ... they can't sign him now, cus' then all Atlanta has to do is offer him arbitation. They are waiting until Monday.

:-? ...is this still called stalling.... :-)

Crow....with butter...I hear it is real good....... :-b
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:32 am

DieHardCubbie wrote:
wrveres wrote:this is called stalling ... they can't sign him now, cus' then all Atlanta has to do is offer him arbitation. They are waiting until Monday.

I was waiting .... shhhhh.... this is a "different" snag ... even the Yankees admitted the thought the deal was done .... :-o ;-)
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 754)

Postby Madison » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:58 am

wrveres wrote:
DieHardCubbie wrote:

I was waiting .... shhhhh.... this is a "different" snag ... even the Yankees admitted the thought the deal was done .... :-o ;-)

Lmao. :-D

"Movie style" butter is the only way to go. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:01 pm

wrveres wrote:
DieHardCubbie wrote:

You know, I'd love to rub it in your face, but I've heard that the Yanks have put this story out to quiet down this complaint from the Braves, and will eventually sign him anyway. Just a thought. Perhaps you can save that crow for later. ;-)
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby KPucks » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:06 pm

Remember the post debating whether Kevin Millwood or Pudge had his head farther underground? Well, we just found our winner: Gary Sheffield. What an idiot. He blew a chance to play on the Yankees. Now where is he going to go?
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Siege1386 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:31 pm

He will still play for the Yanks.

Just saw Shef sitting with Daryl Strawberry at the Maryland vs. Florida college basketball game. Watching D.J. Strawberry play.

He will get things worked out.
Help me out by making a [url=http://www.fsworld.net/modules/donations/]Donation[/url] or [url=http://www.fsworld.net/register.php]Registering[/url] for my website

Siege1386
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers