Tribe lineup talk - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tribe lineup talk

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby stevelabny » Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:32 am

i drafted sabathia for his rookie season to LAUGHTER and laughed all the way to the bank.

i drafted milton bradley (THE GAME) last year to LAUGHTER and was enjoying a very nice fantasy season until his injury.

i also drafted brandon phillips to a chorus of WHO? last year...
but hey, i cut my losses on him in week 3, so at least i can acknowledge my mistakes.

the indians have always been an ideal team to pick up some fantasy players CHEAP for me.

that said, i will be all over THE GAME again this year.

and for what its worth... brandon phillips so has the milton bradley/ juan encarnacion/ pick your favorite other player who was hyped way early and did nothing, then a few years later turned into a very nice player type. i can see brandon phillips staying on my radar all next season and being picked up at the first sign of talent or drafted again in the future.
"Baseball is like church. Many attend. Few understand." -- Leo Durocher
stevelabny
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:56 am

and for what its worth... brandon phillips so has the milton bradley/ juan encarnacion/ pick your favorite other player who was hyped way early and did nothing, then a few years later turned into a very nice player type. i can see brandon phillips staying on my radar all next season and being picked up at the first sign of talent or drafted again in the future.
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby LBJackal » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:10 am

wrveres wrote:and for what its worth... brandon phillips so has the milton bradley/ juan encarnacion/ pick your favorite other player who was hyped way early and did nothing, then a few years later turned into a very nice player type. i can see brandon phillips staying on my radar all next season and being picked up at the first sign of talent or drafted again in the future.

I'm confused.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby stevelabny » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:12 am

was that really that unintelligible? :-(
aha, i see where i went wrong. replace the word TYPE with the word aura or look or feel. does that help any?

if not...
im comparing brandon phillips to:
other players who were hyped at a young age and didnt pan out immediately , but then a few years later turned into pretty good players.
such as juan encarnacion and milton bradley.
(and others...the "fallen star" strategy is well known)
its late (Early?) and i cant think of the obvious other choices to fit this description... Vernon Wells could also sort of qualifies, but now i'm just listing guys from my outfield last season. :-)

then i go on to state that i will keep my eye on him next season
so i can pick him up if he gets hot.
and can also see myself drafting him again in the future.

was that any better?
"Baseball is like church. Many attend. Few understand." -- Leo Durocher
stevelabny
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Madison » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:04 pm

stevelabny wrote:was that really that unintelligible? :-(

No, he's trying to figure out how part of your post came up under Wrveres's name complete with your signature. I am too for that matter, and will have Menyak take a look at it. :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Transmogrifier » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:13 pm

Madison wrote:
stevelabny wrote:was that really that unintelligible? :-(

No, he's trying to figure out how part of your post came up under Wrveres's name complete with your signature. I am too for that matter, and will have Menyak take a look at it. :-?

Um, Mad, I think WR was making one of his subtle points (apparently). Note the difference in the signature--church to Steve. I think WR was saying that it made no sense. Am I right, WR?

All WR had to do was delete his signature and add that "signature" to the post.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Madison » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:32 pm

Ah, yes, you could be right Transmo. I guess I didn't look at it close enough. Thanks for catching that for me. ;-)

Gotta go tell Menyak not to worry about it now.......... B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Area51's » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:43 pm

Hate to jump back to the tribe here, BUT what about Gerut and Blake? How does 2004 look for them? Also...WHO really is better, Broussard or Hafner? I've went back and forth on them so many times.

The 2004 Indians remind me of the Twins a few years ago when I didn't know a lot about their position players...and kept asking....."Who are these guys" Well...that and both teams have Matt Lawton!

Anyway...a few things go right...and this offense is right there in 2005.
If I were playing third base and my mother were rounding third with the run that was going to beat us, I'd trip her. Oh, I'd pick her up and brush her off and say, 'Sorry, Mom,' but nobody beats me.
Leo Durocher, Brooklyn Dodgers Manager
Area51's
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Erboes » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:52 pm

I don't think Blake will duplicate last season's numbers. Even if he does, they weren't that good that he'd have a permenant spot as a starter beyond this season.

Gerut is another story all together. He has some talent, it's just not that of a superstar. With that said, he may be one of those types who improves every season because of his will. He's a smart, hardworking kid and I dont' put anything past him.

I know in baseball circles Hafner's considered the better prospect, but I've watched them enough to believe they're just about equal. It's a matter of who steps up and takes the position first. Who that would be I have no idea.

I like the Twins. They've kept the same group of OK players together until they finally learned how to play the game right and win as a team. I certainly hope they go to the Series pretty soon because with most teams like them they don't have the money to keep it together forever.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Area51's » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:05 pm

Erboes wrote:I don't think Blake will duplicate last season's numbers. Even if he does, they weren't that good that he'd have a permenant spot as a starter beyond this season.

Gerut is another story all together. He has some talent, it's just not that of a superstar. With that said, he may be one of those types who improves every season because of his will. He's a smart, hardworking kid and I dont' put anything past him.

I know in baseball circles Hafner's considered the better prospect, but I've watched them enough to believe they're just about equal. It's a matter of who steps up and takes the position first. Who that would be I have no idea.

I like the Twins. They've kept the same group of OK players together until they finally learned how to play the game right and win as a team. I certainly hope they go to the Series pretty soon because with most teams like them they don't have the money to keep it together forever.

Thanks Erboes....good insight!
If I were playing third base and my mother were rounding third with the run that was going to beat us, I'd trip her. Oh, I'd pick her up and brush her off and say, 'Sorry, Mom,' but nobody beats me.
Leo Durocher, Brooklyn Dodgers Manager
Area51's
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers