Freshly Drafted 12-team H2H - will hit you back - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Freshly Drafted 12-team H2H - will hit you back

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Freshly Drafted 12-team H2H - will hit you back

Postby abstractpoet » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:20 pm

Just finished my first draft of the year and would love some feedback, the more specific the better.

I'm pretty happy with how my offense shaped up. I would have liked another bona fide ace, but I figure in a league that doesn't count WHIP, it was best to just stock up on the K's and let the chips fall where they may. Any particlar areas of weakness you think I ought to address? Keep in mind it's a h2h league.

Thanks in advance.

12 team yahoo h2h non-keeper league (5x4, no WHIP).

C- Barrett
1B- Konerko
2B- Freel
3B- Beltre
SS- Reyes
OF- Sizemore
OF- Holliday
OF- Hunter
Util- Thome
BN- Teahen

SP- Webb
SP- Bonderman
RP- Putz
RP- F. Cordero
P- Saito
P- Zamaya
BN- Capuano
BN- Bush
BN- Escobar
BN- Olsen
abstractpoet
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yanks 4ev » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:25 pm

nice team but i dunno if i like beltre too much (low avg)
teahen could be a nice fill-in but i would try to shop beltre

solid pitching staff zumaya should take over closer role soon but saito will probably lose his to broxton
Yanks 4ev
College Coach
College Coach

Postby abstractpoet » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:37 pm

Yanks 4ev: Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, Beltre was fairly low on my list, but he dropped to me fairly late and all the other 3B I was targeting got snatched up before that. Maybe not a terrible value for a 10th round pick?

By the way, I was drafting out of the #3 slot.
abstractpoet
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby roninmedia » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:38 pm

Overall, great team. Nothing dominating overall, but balanced enough. Average may be slightly bad, especially if Holliday doesn't repeat a strong average.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... highlight=
roninmedia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby shappy » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:58 pm

very balanced, offense extremely similar to mine, as i had the 4th pick so the guys that were around for me seemed to be around for you. No one on offense that really mashes (thome/konerko should be good but i wouldn't expect last years numbers again)

The pitching is good i think bush is going to improve on last years numbers as he was pretty unlucky. I wouldn't really do anything as of now, just watch the beltre situation, although you have teahen to fill in there if necessary.

Thanks for the advice with my team -- ill keep an eye on the thread to update if anything else comes

I have bad luck when it comes to signatures that the person either gets traded or hurt...in this case I hope he gets traded.
shappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby fantasy baller » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:20 pm

Be on the lookout for that waiver wire catcher, especially Ronny Paulino later on. Beltre is break or bust, but Teahen backing him up is pretty good. OF is really well balanced. Your pitching strategy is great. Zumaya will keep your ERA down and give you extra K's, you have great guys off the bench. You will probably find a closer later on in the WW. What was your pick in the first round? Wondering why you don't have ARod, Soriano, Howard...

Help me out...

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=257366
fantasy baller
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pjamma3280 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:38 pm

Maybe add another HR threat or someone with a .300 Remember in a 5x4 you need to be great at hitting and average at pitching to win.
pjamma3280
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Surrender2theYankees » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:32 pm

Your team is very similar to the team I just drafted, very well balanced. You will not dominate any one category, except for maybe stolen bases. I think Beltre is going to be decent or be a bust. You might want to try to pick up some more power and better average off the waivers. You will definitely be middle of the pack in those 2 categories, especially average.

As for pitching, I agree with your assessment, you might need to be very alert on waivers and find another good starter. Overall, good team.

Would appreciate feedback:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=257685
Surrender2theYankees
College Coach
College Coach

Postby baseballyes » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:40 pm

Hey I really like your team, i agree everybody else-it's very balanced.

I think your outfield is definitley your strong point.
I like your infield too, although Beltre worries me and I always worry about Freel's playingtime.

As far as pitching goes you have a good staff. I would try to add one more 2/3rd tier starter if you can, which would give you a nice 1-3 (i'm not that confident in the breakouts of Cap or Bush, although i like them on staff...i just would want more insurance for my 3rd best pitcher).

If you believe saito will lose the job to broxton then I might try to trade Saito for a starter...and then maybe you could trade one of your other starters for a lowertier closer.

Overall very nice team

if you can http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=257519
baseballyes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dmville » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:08 pm

I like it as well, and as others have said you can look for an upgrade at 3B somehow.

I don't see Barrett as a problem as he had a productive, though shortened, year again last year and should have plenty of guys on base in front of him even if he is batting 8th again this year. If you can upgrade him without giving too much, go ahead, but don't go chasing anyone. Ya, I may be biased as I have him as well.
Dmville
Dmville
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team