All of this Yankee lineup talk got me to thinking........ - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

All of this Yankee lineup talk got me to thinking........

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yanks lineup is

Postby The Cow » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:13 pm

Yanks lineup is extremely overated and old. Who is bette now Nomar or Jeter?? Remember when Yanks fans actually had half a case that Jeter was better???? I know Jeter isn't old, but his body is.

COW OUT
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:18 pm

I actually gotta say that Nomar WAS better, but Jeter is now the better player. In fact, before his wrist injury, Nomar was potentially the best hitter in the league. However, if you look at his splits the past couple seasons, Nomar's stats have become reliant on Fenway Pawk. He just doesn't hit on the road. I actually think the Nomar-Jeter argument is a harder one now than it used to be. Years back, it was a slam dunk that Nomar was better, back when he was hitting .370 and had the quickest wrists in the game.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Nomar4prez » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:26 pm

Nomar gets the edge IMO b/c he has a cooler name.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Yanks lineup is

Postby ramble2 » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:27 pm

The Cow wrote:Yanks lineup is extremely overated and old. Who is bette now Nomar or Jeter?? Remember when Yanks fans actually had half a case that Jeter was better???? I know Jeter isn't old, but his body is.

COW OUT

A Rod is better then both of them, and yet none are easy outs ...

RAMBLE2 OUT
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 7)

Postby blankman » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:39 pm

Nomar is still the better fantasy player, but Jeter may soon eclipse him in actual baseball, because of the wrist injury and Jeter's returning to form.
My hopes for Jeter next yr as he returns to form:
115-Runs 200-Hits 22-HR 80-RBI 30-SB .335 Avg
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Erboes » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:44 pm

Those numbers will far eclipse Nomar's. Nomar's on the slide if you look at the numbers. I think our young friend Cow has it mixed up. Jeter's showing no slowdown and Nomar could be the one aging quickly.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:49 pm

blankman wrote:Nomar is still the better fantasy player, but Jeter may soon eclipse him in actual baseball, because of the wrist injury and Jeter's returning to form.
My hopes for Jeter next yr as he returns to form:
115-Runs 200-Hits 22-HR 80-RBI 30-SB .335 Avg

I don't think he will hit 20 HR but the rest seems about right.

I have a bad feeling about Nomar this year. Contract year, newly married, chance he is traded to 'gulp' LA and very bad home/road splits. :-o
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby Erboes » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:52 pm

Where will Jeter be batting this year? With all these roster moves it is hard to figure out. Still two? Leadoff with Soriano dropping down? I even heard rumors of him batting third, but I doubt that with Sheffield signing.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Arlo » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:55 pm

Anonymous wrote:Well, when I was here last year and everyone was telling people to bench the Sydney Ponsons and Gil Meches of the world against the Yanks, I was there to tell people to wisely start them. That's not to say they can't produce big, but I wouldn't fear them as a fantasy owner. I might avoid starting finesse lefties against them, but that's about it.

Well, Ponson did have a pretty ugly outing against the Yankees, if I recall correctly...

But I do agree, benching pitchers against New York on principle doesn't seem wise.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:36 pm

Arlo wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Well, when I was here last year and everyone was telling people to bench the Sydney Ponsons and Gil Meches of the world against the Yanks, I was there to tell people to wisely start them. That's not to say they can't produce big, but I wouldn't fear them as a fantasy owner. I might avoid starting finesse lefties against them, but that's about it.

Well, Ponson did have a pretty ugly outing against the Yankees, if I recall correctly...

But I do agree, benching pitchers against New York on principle doesn't seem wise.

So did Woody Williams if memory serves correct.

I'm just suggesting that everyone be a little careful who you send out to the mound against that team ;-) .

No they are not invinceable, but they are pretty darn good and they will all get their numbers next year. All of it won't be against the Jason Johnson's of the world either. Lol. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers