All of this Yankee lineup talk got me to thinking........ - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

All of this Yankee lineup talk got me to thinking........

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

All of this Yankee lineup talk got me to thinking........

Postby Madison » Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:36 pm

Looking at the lineup and the list of hitters:

Jeter
Bernie
Sheff
Giambi
Matsui
Boone
Posada
Soriano
Johnson

I know Nick Johnson is rumored to be traded, and Aaron Boone doesn't scare me at all, but I'm going to go ahead and say that there are very few, if any pitchers that I will start against them next season.

That's probably the scariest lineup I've ever seen.

Anyone else thought of this already?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:42 pm

Jeter
Bernie
Sheff
Giambi
Matsui
Boone
Posada
Soriano
Johnson

As a Yankee fan that had no hesitation telling others to start their pitchers against the Yankees last year, I will have to reiterate, THEY ARE AN OVERRATED LINEUP. Hell, I harped on their O being their downfall last year, and it turned out to be the reason we lost to Florida. Josh Beckett and Carl Pavano only looked like the second coming because this team has no patience anymore and is tremendously strikeout prone. When I look at that lineup, I see a tremendous potential to kill the Devil Rays and Orioles pitching. But I see a team that doesn't intimidate me if I'm a smart pitcher.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Erboes » Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:46 pm

Guest, where were you when I was saying the same thing about the Yankees here last week? Register quickly. I need an ally.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:57 pm

Well, for a team that's overrated, they sure got the better of me on more than a few occasions in more than one league last year. Now the lineup is even more potent.

I didn't suggest that everyone bench their studs, just that personally, I'm going to be very careful who I let start against them next year.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nomar4prez » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:00 pm

As a Red Sox fan, I am forced to start all of my pitchers againt NY. It's cost me more than a couple games, but for my own personal safety, I have to!
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:02 pm

Well, when I was here last year and everyone was telling people to bench the Sydney Ponsons and Gil Meches of the world against the Yanks, I was there to tell people to wisely start them. That's not to say they can't produce big, but I wouldn't fear them as a fantasy owner. I might avoid starting finesse lefties against them, but that's about it.

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:05 pm

I'd seriously like to know who you guys were starting against the Yanks that got you burned? I hope you're not talking the Jason Johnsons of the world. I watch the Yanks all year and always bitch about how they can't hit good pitchers.

Postby Nomar4prez » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:07 pm

You don't want to know who I had on my team. Lets just say I missed draft day, and my number one pitcher at the end of the season was D. Willis.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:08 pm

Anonymous wrote:Well, when I was here last year and everyone was telling people to bench the Sydney Ponsons and Gil Meches of the world against the Yanks, I was there to tell people to wisely start them. That's not to say they can't produce big, but I wouldn't fear them as a fantasy owner. I might avoid starting finesse lefties against them, but that's about it.

I have to admit that I told people to bench Meche against the Yanks toward the end of last year. That was a combination of Meche slowing down due to never having thrown that many innings, plus the Yanks lineup. I remember that Meche did throw a gem against the Yanks and then promptly imploded after that.

Since you've been around this long, why don't you register? It's quick and easy. ;-) We can always use knowledgeable people. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:11 pm

Well, if that's the case, I could see you getting burned by the Tigers as well.

It is cool though that no matter who's in the Yankee lineup over the years, we find a way to score just enough to beat the little scumbag Pedro. :-)

One thing I must say though. The Red Sox getting Schilling not only makes them the World Series favorite in my eyes, but puts a guy I've liked as a person in a Red Sock uniform. I used to feel good that the Red Sox have classless scum leading their team, ie Manny, Pedro, Lowe, etc, but adding Schilling is totally a bad fit. Doesn't this guy know Boston is filled with liberals? I thought he was conservative. GRRRRRR. I could have sworn he was gonna nix the deal with his no-trade

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers