Which pitcher offers more fantasy value if traded to Yanks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Which pitcher offers more fantasy value if traded to Yanks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby HOOTIE » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:10 am

MikeeDee wrote:NJ is not very young and not very talented. He's not old and is an adequate hitter at 1st.

Wait a minute. He's only 25, and i think he's quite talented. He was a oba machine in minors. Injuries have slowed him. He had a 422 oba last year, and walked more then he k'd. Let this guy get 500-600 abs, and you will be surprised. He likely wont ever be a Thome or Delgado, but he certaintly looks like a Olerud with more power. NY prospects and kids get overrated. Nich was one i truly thought wasn't. He does need to keep healthy however.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby ramble2 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:23 am

HOOTIE wrote:
MikeeDee wrote:NJ is not very young and not very talented. He's not old and is an adequate hitter at 1st.

Wait a minute. He's only 25, and i think he's quite talented. He was a oba machine in minors. Injuries have slowed him. He had a 422 oba last year, and walked more then he k'd. Let this guy get 500-600 abs, and you will be surprised. He likely wont ever be a Thome or Delgado, but he certaintly looks like a Olerud with more power. NY prospects and kids get overrated. Nich was one i truly thought wasn't. He does need to keep healthy however.

That sounds like a good description of NJ (even if it's on the optimistic side). Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan. He knows how to get on base. I'd like to see his power develop more, but he's young and it might happen. The big concern is ABs.

Actually, if he gets traded to LA the big concern is Chavez Revine. Then NJ will just be Olerud.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers