Just drafted this team..12 team H2H..Advice please WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Just drafted this team..12 team H2H..Advice please WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Just drafted this team..12 team H2H..Advice please WHIR

Postby FantasyStud » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:22 am

Hi. I just drafted this team. It's a 12 team head to head league. I'd really appreciate anyone's advice and here what you all have to say. Thanks.

Stats: R, HR, RBI, SB, TB, AVG, OBP, W, L, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

C - Victor Martinez
1B - Mark Teixeira
2B - Chase Utley
SS - Felipe Lopez
3B - Aramis Ramirez
OF - Bobby Abreu
OF - Willy Taveras
OF - Chris Duffy
UTL - Prince Fielder
UTL - Josh Barfield
BN - Stephen Drew
BN - Alex Gordon

SP - Aaron Harang
SP - Matt Cain
RP - Joe Nathan
RP - Brian Fuentes
P - Octavio Dotel
P - Salomon Tores
P - Justin Duchscherer
P - Pat Neschek
BN - Mike Mussina
BN - Roger Clemens

I have some ideas, but rather than immediately post them, I'll wait to hear what you all have to say. Thanks in advance! I really appreciate it.

PS: Post your link and i'll return the favor.
FantasyStud
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 919
Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Roy_is_the_man » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:38 am

Good ballance of HR,Speed and Average

I am nervous about Tex, but its worth it if it pays off
even though looking at his numbers last year he seemed to be playing worse than his status

Im not a fan of the starting pitching, theres always some WW gems
You might want to hope one of those closers ends up winning a job then moving him

I think you will be fine in the offense, but you need that KING starter
the one win a week 7 innings type of lock



mailto:Maria.Tozzo@cic.gc.ca
Roy_is_the_man
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 11
Joined: 5 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby avk_7_7 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:48 am

Don't worry about Teix at all, he'll get you the 40HR 120RBI. Your SP is very shallow however. 3 SP to start the year, neither of which is a #1 fantasy starter.

One suggestion I would make is dealing Aramis for a stud SP like carpenter or peavy, then you an move gordon into that spot.
avk_7_7
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 102
Joined: 1 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby clarkw267 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:55 am

I agree with the need for another quality starter. Also I think you could use an OF bat, you have plenty of speed, and I'm sure you can find someone that doesn't to trade with.
clarkw267
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2876
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 16 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FantasyStud » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:59 am

I agree with what everyone has said. I think my biggest need for concern is the OF and SP. Someone suggested attempting to move Aramis for a SP, does anyone else have any other suggestions? If I moved Aramis, I'd really be counting on Alex Gordon - is he the real deal???

Also, since I have four closers, I can always try moving one of them in a deal to better my SP.

What players should I look to move for SP / OF help? And what SP / OF should I target.

WHIR.

Thanks!
FantasyStud
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 919
Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bluegrass » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:02 am

i like the offense but i'd be concerned about felipe lopez ... his numbers dropped in the move to Washington.

also, you are going to need to find some additional starting pitching.
bluegrass
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 93
Joined: 21 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FantasyStud » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:04 am

bluegrass wrote:i like the offense but i'd be concerned about felipe lopez ... his numbers dropped in the move to Washington.

also, you are going to need to find some additional starting pitching.


Felipe Lopez's power numbers will drop - you are right - but he did steal 40+ bases last year. I don't expect a whole lot of power from Lopez now that he isn't in Cinccy, and I do have Stephan Drew as a backup.

Once again, what SP should I target and who should I be attempting to move for SP?

Thanks
FantasyStud
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 919
Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bluegrass » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:10 am

FantasyStud wrote:
bluegrass wrote:i like the offense but i'd be concerned about felipe lopez ... his numbers dropped in the move to Washington.

also, you are going to need to find some additional starting pitching.


Felipe Lopez's power numbers will drop - you are right - but he did steal 40+ bases last year. I don't expect a whole lot of power from Lopez now that he isn't in Cinccy, and I do have Stephan Drew as a backup.

Once again, what SP should I target and who should I be attempting to move for SP?


without knowing who is available, it's hard to figure an SP to target. but, guys at the bottom of my draft list who might be available on your FA list who i like would be Pavano, Miguel Batista, Claudio Vargas ... all guys with good K/9 #'s. If there isn't much available, then you'd have to look to make a deal ... possibly dealing a closer for a starter. Guys I like include who might not be too expensive are: Dave Bush, John Patterson, Chuck James, Ian Snell, Nate Robertson ... i think they are all value picks who you might be able to acquire at a reasonable cost.
Thanks
bluegrass
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 93
Joined: 21 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FantasyStud » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:12 am

bluegrass wrote:
FantasyStud wrote:
bluegrass wrote:i like the offense but i'd be concerned about felipe lopez ... his numbers dropped in the move to Washington.

also, you are going to need to find some additional starting pitching.


Felipe Lopez's power numbers will drop - you are right - but he did steal 40+ bases last year. I don't expect a whole lot of power from Lopez now that he isn't in Cinccy, and I do have Stephan Drew as a backup.

Once again, what SP should I target and who should I be attempting to move for SP?


without knowing who is available, it's hard to figure an SP to target. but, guys at the bottom of my draft list who might be available on your FA list who i like would be Pavano, Miguel Batista, Claudio Vargas ... all guys with good K/9 #'s. If there isn't much available, then you'd have to look to make a deal ... possibly dealing a closer for a starter. Guys I like include who might not be too expensive are: Dave Bush, John Patterson, Chuck James, Ian Snell, Nate Robertson ... i think they are all value picks who you might be able to acquire at a reasonable cost.
Thanks


Thank you. I'd like to think I can aim higher then a guy like Dave Bush or Ian Snell. I think my strengths are my SP and infield depth.
FantasyStud
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 919
Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bluegrass » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:29 pm

you could aim higher but it might cost you a player that you don't want to give up. i think there are some real values in pitching to be found and you just might find the guy you need on the waiver wire/free agent list without having to trade any of your good players.

some of the pitchers who were taken in the late rounds (round 25-28) in my draft include: Tim Hudson, Mike Pelphrey, Noah Lowry, Contreras, Maddux, Millwood, Doug Davis, Adam Loewen, Bartolo Colon (DL), Orlando Hernandez.

i wouldn't trade any good offensive players for a pitcher because of the risk ... so watch the wire and look for some bargains. another thing you can do is Pitch and Ditch ... pickup a decent pitcher with a good matchup, then drop him after the start ... then repeat. sometimes it hurts ... but sometimes it's a great way to grab a W, some K's and good ERA/WHIP.
bluegrass
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 93
Joined: 21 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact