What do you think of my team? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

What do you think of my team? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DaveClay12 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:46 pm

Thanks for your help with mine. I also don't love your OF - Lofton didn't even get drafted in my league, for crying out loud (although replace him with Alou, and you're getting there). and I don't expect Ibanez to replicate his '06 numbers.

However, I really like the rest of your team. You've got a lot of flexibility on offense and pitching, so I wouldn't worry about the OF too much. If you don't have some weakness on your team, then you are playing with morons, and that's no fun.
DaveClay12
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby livinginarizona » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:57 pm

Laughing. Kenny Lofton was my last round pick(22nd round), who was picked for speed alone and hitting leadoff on the Rangers. The only starter amongst my outfielders will be Matsui, after that, it'll be my personal whim and the hothand.

Lofton/Alou/Ibanez are the old men on the club with Victorino and Gomes available to pick up the slack in run-producing (Gomes) or run-scoring (Victorino).

Thanks for the input.
livinginarizona Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Knights » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:10 am

All-in-all I like the look of your team. Being that its a 14 team league your pickings are probably slim. I'm not too high on Alou but you have Gomes which I feel is a better option.

Thanks for answering mine.
C- B. Molina
1b- Giambi, Votto
2b- Weeks, Theriot
3b- Kouzmanoff, Longoria
ss- Renteria, Theriot
of- DeJesus, Beltran, Ellsbury, Ibanez, Bruce, Hawpe
u- Beltran
p- Beckett, Hamels, Haren, Harang, Papelbon, Rivera, Greinke
The Knights
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Fade2White12 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:54 am

For a 14 teamer, I think it looks pretty good. Like you said, speed isn't your strong point here, and that is pretty obvious. It also looks like Avg may be middle of the pack. Utley/Young/Matsui will hover aroung .300, but guys like Hall and Thomas may drag that down alittle.

I also agree that your SP could probably use an addition. There prolly isn't much, but I think one of your bench position players could be dropped for someone useable at least.

In the end though, I think it is pretty solid. A little speed, and another arm could do wonders.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Postby livinginarizona » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:07 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:For a 14 teamer, I think it looks pretty good. Like you said, speed isn't your strong point here, and that is pretty obvious. It also looks like Avg may be middle of the pack. Utley/Young/Matsui will hover aroung .300, but guys like Hall and Thomas may drag that down alittle.

I also agree that your SP could probably use an addition. There prolly isn't much, but I think one of your bench position players could be dropped for someone useable at least.

In the end though, I think it is pretty solid. A little speed, and another arm could do wonders.

Actually, my batting average (assuming equal stats of last year) projects at .290....

Stolen-bases, I know I am going to be average to outright disgusting....so I will need to depend on Victorino and Lofton to help me out.

Pitching I am happy with, considering that I am the holder of both Papelbon and Wainwright who I see as being eligible at both SP and RP.

I am trying to make a trade for Jonny Damon....will advise if it goes through.
livinginarizona Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Shaman » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:19 am

Overall, I think your team looks good. Not a big lowell or ibanez fan this year, particularly with your scoring system. Wonder if you can find some speedster to replace them.
Shaman
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby nhgent » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:02 am

Nice daft...

The only criticism I would have is around your bench guys (i think someone pointed this out earlier). I'd maybe take one or two of those guys and pick up one of the sleeper pitchers....but then again, some starters don't start to shine until after the first month or so.

Good luck and Nice Team!!!
nhgent
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team