Draft Board/Displays - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Draft Board/Displays

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Draft Board/Displays

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:36 pm

all right, so my friends and i are having the draft next week at my place. for basketball, we used a poster board and just wrote the picks on, and while it was ok, it was sort of hard to see throughout the room, and to just realize who took who.

anyone have other ideas/suggestions for me? what do you guys use for your drafts? i was thinking of hooking a computer up to the tv or something, but i dont really think thats too plausible. is there an electronic way i can display my info in the room.

a projector would probably be the easiest option, but i dont have one or access to one. so someone please give me an idea.
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pablo975 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:44 pm

For work we rented a 15x20-ish ft screen and projector for a meeting. The guy set it up and broke it down afterwards for around $275.

You could probably get something smaller for $100 or so. Maybe someone in the league can borrow a projector from their work?

"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:49 pm

Pablo975 wrote:For work we rented a 15x20-ish ft screen and projector for a meeting. The guy set it up and broke it down afterwards for around $275.

You could probably get something smaller for $100 or so. Maybe someone in the league can borrow a projector from their work?

ahh...i would rather just up the ante for the league rather than spend that much on a projector...we're all in college, so i dont really think anyone has projectors at their works :-/ but if there was a way for an xbox360 or another video game system, we'd have several to choose from :-D

thanks though pablo...projector was the obvious thing i thought about to.
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:40 am

Sportsline sends one with stickers if you use their commish service, at least they do for Football

i think DraftLabels.com has one you can purchase fairly cheap, again, at least for football. they are nice though because they are color coded by position

if you're trying to do it on the cheap just go the old posterboard route again...if people cant see make them pay attention or get up and check the board
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby TheRock » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:23 pm

Hey I know. Tape 3 or more sheets of posterboard together. ;-D

You can write picks in with a big fat marker.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby slomo007 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:49 pm

Buy 10 30 packs of Keystone Light or the cheap beer of your preference. Cut the boxes in to large pieces of cardboard. Find some duct tape. Tape the boxes together, inside out to form a huge poster board. Write picks on these.

The cost is nothing you wouldn't have spent anyway. Plus by the time you're drunk, you won't even be able to notice that you can't read it.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:11 pm

Whiteboards for us. If you can use a hotel conference room, that is nice too.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:46 pm

slomo007 wrote:Buy 10 30 packs of Keystone Light or the cheap beer of your preference. Cut the boxes in to large pieces of cardboard. Find some duct tape. Tape the boxes together, inside out to form a huge poster board. Write picks on these.

The cost is nothing you wouldn't have spent anyway. Plus by the time you're drunk, you won't even be able to notice that you can't read it.

haha we might have a winner ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jlm53089 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:57 pm

slomo007 wrote:Buy 10 30 packs of Keystone Light or the cheap beer of your preference. Cut the boxes in to large pieces of cardboard. Find some duct tape. Tape the boxes together, inside out to form a huge poster board. Write picks on these.

keystone light makes me cringe.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby CadensDad » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:13 pm

Hotel conference room is a great idea, you can land some of those for fairly cheap if you have your meeting late in the evening during the week

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to General Talk