Hawkins signs with cubs... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hawkins signs with cubs...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:22 pm

Lofunzo wrote:First, let me say that this is a very nice signing by the Cubbies. Let me also say that I find it interesting that the Cubs spend $4-5 million/year for a setup man/possible closer and it's all thumbs up. If the Yankees did that, most would be all over them. The bottom line is that a good signing is a good signing, no matter what team did it.

Thats interesting cus the Yankees just signed a setup man for almost the same yearly contract, And I don't remember anybody being upset over that. I even went so far as to say it was a good sign by George. I called it 'couch change' but even you could agree, thats what it was. Oh and it was to keep Flash out of the division. ;-7

so the only other conclusion i could come to is .......

nope, I'm not gonna do it ... :-) :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 642)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:32 am

wrveres wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:First, let me say that this is a very nice signing by the Cubbies. Let me also say that I find it interesting that the Cubs spend $4-5 million/year for a setup man/possible closer and it's all thumbs up. If the Yankees did that, most would be all over them. The bottom line is that a good signing is a good signing, no matter what team did it.

Thats interesting cus the Yankees just signed a setup man for almost the same yearly contract, And I don't remember anybody being upset over that. I even went so far as to say it was a good sign by George. I called it 'couch change' but even you could agree, thats what it was. Oh and it was to keep Flash out of the division. ;-7

so the only other conclusion i could come to is .......

nope, I'm not gonna do it ... :-) :-)

No matter who or what you are referring to, my point still stands. If the Cubs signed LaTroy and the Yanks signed LaTray (fictional pitcher) for the same amount, the Yanks would get blasted by certain members of this board. That's what I was getting at.

I would also like to say that no matter what people say about them and their signings, the Yanks don't set the trends. They let other teams get stupid with their contracts and then they fall behind them. It might bite them in the a** sometimes (Pettitte) but you can't argue that.

I also stand by what I said earlier. Hawkins was a nice signing by the Cubs.

P.S. I like the fact that this was after the fact and you said almost. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby wrveres » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:25 am

Lofunzo wrote: P.S. I like the fact that this was after the fact and you said almost. ;-D

what?

This is what I was refering to .... The Yankees signed 'LaTray' (fictional player) 8-o .... and no one got pissed ..

wrveres wrote:Well the author of the article makes a very persuasive arguement as to why this is a good signing. I tend to agree, sorry.
3.5 million a year is 'couch change' for George....
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 642)

Postby coke609 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:47 am

The Cubbies did well here. Letry is a nice upgrade over Alfonseca and it allows the Twins some financial relief to resign Guardado.
I would NEVER vote Pete Rose into the Hall Of Fame
coke609
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:53 am

w.......I hear ya. I was making a general statement about the love for the Yankees here.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers