Projected Rotation - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minnesota Twins

Projected Rotation

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby verb1999 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:35 am

Whoa, 20 teams? I can't imagine how important your draft is in a league like that. I play in 10-12 team leagues, so we can fill holes with the free agent list.

Back to the topic, I was able to drop Mussina and pick up Slowey in my league. And I'm glad I did...so far. I agree, Slowey looked excellent, and I hope he can keep it up.

I heard Garza was struggling a bit at the moment? Any truth to that?
verb1999
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby BlueBandit24 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:26 pm

verb1999 wrote:Whoa, 20 teams? I can't imagine how important your draft is in a league like that. I play in 10-12 team leagues, so we can fill holes with the free agent list.

Back to the topic, I was able to drop Mussina and pick up Slowey in my league. And I'm glad I did...so far. I agree, Slowey looked excellent, and I hope he can keep it up.

I heard Garza was struggling a bit at the moment? Any truth to that?

He struggled a bit at the beginning of the season with control but has settled down lately. The bigger problem was his blow-up with the organization in which he said he didn't want them telling him to pitch and that he wasn't going to work on his change-up. That obviously upset the Twins and he likely hurt his chances of getting called up if he doesn't want to work on his change up.

Kudos to GiantsFan14 for the sig.
BlueBandit24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Projected Rotation

Postby verb1999 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:52 pm

What is he, a 5? That's not a mature way to move forward with your professional career.
verb1999
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby BlueBandit24 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:23 pm

Garza's called up and expected to make a start during the Twins doubleheader at Chicago next weekend. Hopefully he can flash some of his potential and prove his worth as a 1st rounder and top prospect.

BlueBandit24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Thrill » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:48 am

So far so good for Garza. Man, did Slowely give up a ton of home runs, or what! 8-o

What do you guys think about trying to land Wigginton? Personally, I'm not a fan of giving up too much good young pitching for him. I know Souhan would love to acquire him. I'm thinking a player with DH potential, like Ensberg, could be a decent move and not be as expensive in terms of prospects costs. :-?
The Thrill
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby BlueBandit24 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:30 am

The Thrill wrote:So far so good for Garza. Man, did Slowely give up a ton of home runs, or what! 8-o

What do you guys think about trying to land Wigginton? Personally, I'm not a fan of giving up too much good young pitching for him. I know Souhan would love to acquire him. I'm thinking a player with DH potential, like Ensberg, could be a decent move and not be as expensive in terms of prospects costs. :-?

I wouldn't mind landing either guy, but I agree in that I would not want to give up pitching prospects for plug-in guys who may not be around for long. If we can move some lower-level pitching prospects I would do it to get a spark. If the price tag is too high, I would rather see Garrett Jones get some more AB's and hopefully be an upgrade as a guy with some pop.

BlueBandit24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BlueBandit24 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:36 pm

Another name out there that might be a good fit is Dmitri Young. Switch hitter with some decent pop whose price tag probably wouldn't be too high.

BlueBandit24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Minnesota Twins