First Time Player - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

First Time Player

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

First Time Player

Postby SweetAurillia » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:52 pm

I dunno if there's exactly a noobie section but I couldn't find it lol. Anyways, admittedly this is my first year playing fantasy baseball and I tried to study up and read up as much as I could before the initial draft date so I tried to do the best I can. I had to leave early during the draft so the autobot drafted the last 4 or 5 players for me.

12 Player H2H
R HR RBI SB AVG
W SV K ERA WHIP

C - Pierzynski
1B- Delgado
2B- Orlando Hudson
3B - David Wright
SS - Michael Young
OF - Vlad
OF - Torii
OF - Burrel
Util - Orlando Cabrera
BN - Adam LaRoche
BN - Curtis Granderson
BN - Feliz
BN - Josh Willingham
BN - Howie Kendrick

SP - Jake Peavy
SP - Bonderman
RP - Hoffman
RP - Putz
P - Schilling
P - Ervin Santana
P - Kenny Rogers

Like I said the autobot did the last couple of players for me so I assume I'll need at least 2 more pitchers (just judging from other people's lineups) I'm thinking about dumping Feliz and maybe Kendrick in order to do that. Well that's my lineup, first timer, so bring on the bashing ><
SweetAurillia
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SweetAurillia » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:52 pm

any help please? :~(
SweetAurillia
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: First Time Player

Postby livinginarizona » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:00 am

SweetAurillia wrote:I dunno if there's exactly a noobie section but I couldn't find it lol. Anyways, admittedly this is my first year playing fantasy baseball and I tried to study up and read up as much as I could before the initial draft date so I tried to do the best I can. I had to leave early during the draft so the autobot drafted the last 4 or 5 players for me.

12 Player H2H
R HR RBI SB AVG
W SV K ERA WHIP

C - Pierzynski
1B- Delgado
2B- Orlando Hudson
3B - David Wright
SS - Michael Young
OF - Vlad
OF - Torii
OF - Burrel
Util - Orlando Cabrera
BN - Adam LaRoche
BN - Curtis Granderson
BN - Feliz
BN - Josh Willingham
BN - Howie Kendrick

SP - Jake Peavy
SP - Bonderman
RP - Hoffman
RP - Putz
P - Schilling
P - Ervin Santana
P - Kenny Rogers

Like I said the autobot did the last couple of players for me so I assume I'll need at least 2 more pitchers (just judging from other people's lineups) I'm thinking about dumping Feliz and maybe Kendrick in order to do that. Well that's my lineup, first timer, so bring on the bashing ><

I would displace Orlando Hudson, he is a defensive guru, not offensive....Pick up Nick Punto if available. I would play Adam Laroche in the Util slot. Do not mess around with your pitching situation, it's very strong.
livinginarizona Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SweetAurillia » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:20 am

Thanks for the advice :)

I still need 2 pitchers, can you recommend any? The FA's right now are:

Rafael Soriano
Jeremy Sowers
Zach Duke
Jake Westbrook
Vicente Padilla
Nate Robertson
Doug Davis
Jeff Francis
Joe Blanton
Orlando Hernández
Clay Hensley
Liván Hernández
Jeff Suppan
Jamie Moyer
Dan Wheeler
Gil Meche
Cla Meredith
Woody Williams
Matt Morris
Bob Howry
Jon Lieber
Justin Duchscherer
Scott Linebrink
Esteban Loaiza
Héctor Carrasco

I'm thinking of Clay Hensley or Nate Robertson and dumping Feliz and Hudson. I think my saves still need help but the only closer left with 20+ saves is Derrick Turnbow. I'm thinking I might need to shop around or something for a closer?
Last edited by SweetAurillia on Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
SweetAurillia
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sleepyglow » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:20 am

first woah woah woah with the dropping kendrick thing, DO NOT do that, plug him into your 2B slot. drop hudson and i can see feliz too, but before you get to dropping people what does your FA look like in terms of pitchers?
sleepyglow
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SweetAurillia » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:22 am

sleepyglow wrote:first woah woah woah with the dropping kendrick thing, DO NOT do that, plug him into your 2B slot. drop hudson and i can see feliz too, but before you get to dropping people what does your FA look like in terms of pitchers?

Haha you posted same time as me so my msg got bumped up one. But yah, I read up on Kendrick and apparently he's on Funston's big board so I'm gonna keep him jsut cuz of that for now lol. Anyways, that's the list of pitchers up there ;-)
SweetAurillia
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sleepyglow » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:37 am

sowers, hensley, billingsley, maine, gorzelanny, oliver perez, francis

all sleepers who should be either on that list or further down, possible closers that may get a good chance that may be left

broxton, donnelly, turnbow (i just have a feeling cordero will either get hurt or crumble, though to be fair its based upon absolutely nothing), brian wilson, pat neshek, ricky nolasco

i think all of those guys have upside, i dont think i would rush to drop anyone to pick them up however

I would just make use of your watch list if this is a yahoo league, and just keep an eye on the situation, sowers is the most valuable p out there IMO, because cliffy lee went down, but i don't know that anyone is going to be in a rush to grab them up, just some players to keep an eye on and are IMO sleepers

hope that helps!
sleepyglow
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby livinginarizona » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:56 am

If you do have to pick 2 pitchers, of that group, I would take Linebrink and (for the start of the year) Orlando Hernandez....the latter will probably wear down as the season goes along, and Linebrink is projected to have good stats this year.

Later in the year, they are projecting good stats from Lincecum(SF) and Homer Bailey(Cincy)....put these 2 players on your watch list.
livinginarizona Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby edclacro » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:36 am

If you need SP I would pick up Sowers and would consider G.Chacin who should be a good 4th or 5th starter.
edclacro
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby SweetAurillia » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:07 am

Awesome, thanks a lot for the advice guys. I pretty much added any name that came up on my watch list lol. And is there a reason why you guys don't like Robertson? His stats seem the best outta them all, the only thing I can see as a concern is that he had a fluke year last season.

So does my offense look okay? The leading candidates to get dropped are still probably Feliz and Hudson right now. What's the deal with Gary Matthews Jr.? His stats look really good and he isn't picked up in my league.
Last edited by SweetAurillia on Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
SweetAurillia
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team