RotoHog - Stock Market Style Point-Based Format - FREE, $$$! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

RotoHog - Stock Market Style Point-Based Format - FREE, $$$!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

RotoHog - Stock Market Style Point-Based Format - FREE, $$$!

Postby Super Manny » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:42 pm

Hey everyone, I'm not sure if you have heard about RotoHog.com yet, but I figured I'd make a post promoting it over here. RotoHog is a brand new fantasy baseball host offering free sign-up for a stock market style, point-based game. If any of you used to play in the old SmallWorld or CNN/SI leagues, it seems to be a similar concept.

According to RotoHog, this is how things work:
RotoHog.com wrote:Starting with a budget of $275 RotoHog (fake) dollars, you select athletes for your team roster in a competitive free-for-all draft that will be held between March 12 and 29 on the day and time that you select to draft. You can draft with 11 of your friends in a 12-person private draft or meet 11 new people in a 12-person public draft room.

Then, beginning on March 30, you can start selling your athletes and buying new ones on the RotoHog Trading Floor, where athlete prices change in an open market based on supply and demand, much like a stock market. To regulate supply, one complete set of athletes is available for every 12 managers in the RotoHog Universe.

As in most traditional fantasy baseball, you win by creating a lineup each day that gets you the most total points over the season using a standard points-based scoring system. But by shrewdly managing your roster -- buying and selling athletes at the right times for a "profit" -- you can increase your budget during the course of the season, thereby allowing you to construct a team with the greatest scoring potential.

As further incentive to join at RotoHog, the site is offering cash prizes for the top 10 overall finishers, ranging from $100,000 to $1,000.

;-D
Last edited by Super Manny on Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"When you don't feel good and you still get hits, that's when you know you are a bad man." -Manuel A. Ramirez
Super Manny
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Super Manny » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:43 pm

I have created a "league" specifically for Cafe members. You can join the league by doing the following...

1. Sign into RotoHog.com using your e-mail address and password.
2. Click on the "My Leagues" tab.
3. Select the "Join League" option (located at the far left).
4. Making sure that the "Search Public Leagues" option is selected, type the following into the "League Name" field - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2007.
5. The result you're looking for will have me, copusd, listed as the commissioner. Once you've located the league, click on the "Join" link, located at the far right of the screen.
6. You should be all set!

Please pass the word onto any of your Cafe friends; the more people we get participating, the more fun this thing'll be (I have set a maximum number of teams at 250 for the time being, though I doubt we approach anywhere near that).

"When you don't feel good and you still get hits, that's when you know you are a bad man." -Manuel A. Ramirez
Super Manny
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby OaklandAllstar » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:14 pm

i am doing rotohog this year too. i set up my league and could use some more managers as well. it's called "bassballers funk frenzy"

you can be in my league and in super manny's too with the same team, no extra work.

it's also a $100,000 prize for first place, not $10,000. you can get $10,000 if you refer someone who wins it all. i think they also give out weekly prizes too.

either way, it's a cool league with fair play. my brother got me into it and we could use some more managers for our league. i'm a musician too so we'll also be discussing the funkiest of grooves amidst the baseball talk. good times.
I need more managers for my league. "BassBallers Funk Frenzy" on Rotohog.com
"We've never been in that position. We wouldn't know how to operate, I mean, do we get him a corsage?" -Billy Beane, On a small-market team courting a big-name free agent
OaklandAllstar
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Super Manny » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:02 pm

We're now up to 10 teams! ;-D

Keep registering, guys. The more, the merrier! ;-)

Super Manny
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Super Manny » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:37 am

Bump. ;-D

Super Manny
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Super Manny » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:52 pm

Bump...drafting ends TOMORROW!

We're currently up to 46 teams in the Cafe league. ;-D

Super Manny
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics Expert

Return to Classifieds