when to take vladdy this year?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

when to take vladdy this year??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby byfrcp » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:47 pm

alchemy wrote:I'm a huge fan of Vlad but MCab's 3B eligibility makes him much more valuable.

Also, it seems that the injuries are starting to take a toll on Vlad taking him from godly to all-star status.

??? 3B is the deepest position in fantasy baseball. While OF is one of the shallowest. This logic makes no sense.
byfrcp
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby alchemy » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:08 pm

byfrcp wrote:
alchemy wrote:I'm a huge fan of Vlad but MCab's 3B eligibility makes him much more valuable.

Also, it seems that the injuries are starting to take a toll on Vlad taking him from godly to all-star status.

??? 3B is the deepest position in fantasy baseball. While OF is one of the shallowest. This logic makes no sense.

My logic makes perfect sense.

Obviously, all teams are going to get top players in the first few rounds. So the key, IMO, is to get the premium players at positions where the bottom-barrel guys would hurt me most.

The worst 3B are worst than the worst OF. So, better I should get comparable stats to Vlad from a 3B and then have my last outfielders be better than Shea Hillenbrand.
alchemy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby byfrcp » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:10 pm

alchemy wrote:
byfrcp wrote:

Obviously, all teams are going to get top players in the first few rounds. So the key, IMO, is to get the premium players are positions where the bottom-barrel guys would hurt me most.

The worst 3B are worst than the worst OF. So, better I should get comparable stats to Vlad from a 3B and then have my last outfielders be better than Shea Hillenbrand.

The worst OF are much worse than the worst 3B, the 12th 3B could still hit 20 HR.
byfrcp
General Manager
General Manager

Postby alchemy » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:38 pm

byfrcp wrote:
alchemy wrote:
byfrcp wrote:

Obviously, all teams are going to get top players in the first few rounds. So the key, IMO, is to get the premium players are positions where the bottom-barrel guys would hurt me most.

The worst OF are much worse than the worst 3B, the 12th 3B could still hit 20 HR.

And the 36th best outfielder, as ranked by Yahoo! composite rankings, hit 29 homers last year.
alchemy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby johnsamo » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:12 am

I think a lot of fantasy baseballers devalue him a bit simply because he's been a stud so long, we think he's older than he really is. So I think people subconsciously think "well maybe this is the year aging really kicks in" when actually, he's only 31.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:30 am

Cabrera can break out at any year, including this one, and at worst he'd be comparable to Vlad, Cabrera can only get better and he has all the room in the world to do so.

Cabrera has been better the previous two years according to Baseball Monster, that's what I was refering to, I don't trust Yahoo!, and it's not just his BA and averge that has improved, but his K's, OBP, and OPS.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Laean » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:21 am

TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:Cabrera can break out at any year, including this one, and at worst he'd be comparable to Vlad, Cabrera can only get better and he has all the room in the world to do so.

Cabrera has been better the previous two years according to Baseball Monster, that's what I was refering to, I don't trust Yahoo!, and it's not just his BA and averge that has improved, but his K's, OBP, and OPS.

cabrera will be at worst comparable to vlad only if what vlad did the past 2 years was his max. seeing as how he's only 31 and right in the middle of his power prime, that 2 years ago he was almost as good as mcab despite missing 20 games, that vlad's had 5 35+ homer seasons (one of which was when he was younger than mcab), i don't think mcab's worst is equal to what vlad will do this year.

yeah, i'm aware of his improvement in Ks and obp. that's why i mentioned his improving batting eye.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:26 am

byfrcp wrote:
alchemy wrote:
byfrcp wrote:

And the 36 OF couldn't? Burrell has more potential in that cat than any 3B 12th and below. Look what I made. Link
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby byfrcp » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:19 am

alchemy wrote:
byfrcp wrote:
alchemy wrote:
byfrcp wrote:

And the 36th best outfielder, as ranked by Yahoo! composite rankings, hit 29 homers last year.

Lol if you really want to bring Yanoo ranks into this, 12 3B broke the top 100, while only 25 OF broke the 100 mark. Leaving 11 Starting OF's out of the top 100. I'd rather have 3 Top 100 OF and a Top 100 3B, than a top 100 3B and maybe 1 or 2 top 100 OF.
byfrcp
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 5 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:26 am

byfrcp wrote:

yeah, what the heck...OF is pretty shallow all of a sudden & 3B is the deepest it's been in a while.
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers