Looking for a good keeper league. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Looking for a good keeper league.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking for a good keeper league.

Postby SCPanther » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:37 pm

I have been a member of a 12 team, mixed, head to head keeper league for the last 4 years or so. We have a hard time keeping all the owners from year to year and obviously it is hard to run a keeper league under those circumstances.

I would love to find a league with an entry fee somewhere around $200 that has somewhat the same set up. I prefer head to head but am experienced with rotisserie as well. I would also appreciate any references to a good site that supports possible pickup leagues like this. Really I am looking for any advice on how to join a good long term league that has a good possibility of sticking together.

Thanks in advance for any info.
SCPanther
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Keeper League

Postby SFGuy » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:05 pm

I just posted a link for a keeper league that needs a couple extra owners. You sound like a good fit. We have been around for a long time and have very experienced owners. We are a roto 5x5 league though and not H2H. Our fee is $50 up front, but you pay for players at their actual salary. Over a season that is about $100-$150, depending on your pickups. If you are interested let me know. We draft this Sunday, so hope you are ready!
SFGuy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Keeper "lite" league

Postby bruce1313 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:32 am

50 buck per team league on CBS…

Head to head weekly matchups…

No commissioner cut…

I, as commissioner, even paid for the upper-end CBS package which should be much more enjoyable than the “free” game without passing the cost to you!!!…

Looking for 12-14 teams in total – need 3 to 5 more owners…

Bigger rosters with live draft on March 24th…

Better pitching/hitting balance than most leagues…

I even send out a cheat sheet that will assist you with our scoring system…

Four keepers for 2008…

Disabled list for two players…

Roger rule – You draft Clemens and he can be stashed on DL or can be cut to add another player until he’s ready to come back…

Negative points for blown saves, caught stealing, strikeouts, GIDPs and other “bad” stats

If you this sounds like a league you want to be a part of, please e-mail me at this address: mailto:bruce1313@optonline.net
bruce1313
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Willing to travel to NC on April 7?

Postby ziffels » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:05 pm

We'd love to have you. Fee is $130, but transactions will push each team past $200.

Email below.

CHARO!!!

Live Auction in Raleigh/Chapel Hill, NC area on Saturday, April 7. 10 a.m. til 4 p.m.(?)

We need two new owners for 14-team NL only league.

BACKGROUND: CHAPEL HILL AREA ROTISSERIE OWNERS (CHARO) NL-only keeper league celebrating 16 years of high-level, competitive fantasy baseball.

Owners scattered from Denver to Chicago to Cleveland to NYC to the NC Triangle gather each year in NC for a long weekend of beer, b.s. and baseball. We're happy to welcome new blood to the greatest roto league of all time! Bring your baseball knowledge and sense of humor, we'll do the rest. Don't miss this one-time opportunity to become one of The Men of CHARO!!

RULES: 14-Teams; NL-Only; 260 units; 4 x 4 format (BA, HR, RBI, SB, ERA, W, SO, SV); 14 hitters (C, C, 1B, 3B, CR, 2B, SS, MD, OF, OF, OF, OF, OF, UT), 9 pitchers. 1000 IP min. (or you finish last in ERA).

Top five teams finish in the money (45%, 25%, 15%, 10%, 5%). Keeper league; protect up to 15. Minor league draft, two rounds w/carryover.

*** NEW OWNERS WILL HAVE OPPORTUNITY TO ASSUME EXISTING ROSTERS -- WILL NOT HAVE TO START FROM SCRATCH.

FEES: $130 to play; $5 per transaction (ea. move, ea. player) - doubles after Aug. 1; plus small fees for online stat service, carrying over minor leaguers, etc.

STANDINGS, STATS, ETC: On CBS Sportline online. League Constitution posted online as well. Rules are clear and well-established.

We want all owners to attend auction, but we can work out a speaker phone hook-up if necessary (first year only).

If you are interested, please contact me directly at:

mailto:ziffels@hotmail.com

I will return all messages and answer all questions as quickly as possible. Hope we here from you!
ziffels
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

league

Postby gocubs85 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:08 pm

i pm'd you
draft is sat 24th, 10am est
gocubs85
Little League Legend
Little League Legend