2007 Forum Fantasy Challenge - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2007 Forum Fantasy Challenge

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby chadlincoln » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:31 am

thedude wrote:
chadlincoln wrote:[Most of the other forum guys didn't know Glaus had SS eligibility on Yahoo and sort of complained about it once they found out about it during the draft. Oh well, you snooze, you lose. Some guy got Liriano and Juan Rivera.

That is why the FBC is the place to be. B-)
I did tell them that if they hung around the Cafe, they'd know those type of stats.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby George_Foreman » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:00 pm

ES- I really like your MIs. I think Aurillia is a great sleeper there, Greene's got upside, and I think Polanco is consistantly underrated. Marte is a nice upside guy to have, too. If Piniero ends up closing you could have a very good pitching staff on the "cheap".

Murgila- I pretty much agree with your assessment. You might compete, but you'll need a lot of things to go right, including a couple of younger guys getting PT and making good use of it.

Chad- Another solid middle infield. Problem is, with Kelly Johnson, you've got 3 2Bs. :-D Hopefully you'll be able to move one at some point.Your rotation is kinda thin at the back, so maybe you could target a mid-level starter when you move one of your 2Bs.

Pedantic- Very heavy on the young guys. But it could work out nicely. I like Conor Jackson, Encarnacion, and Kubel, and Lind could produce well if given PT. I'm not a huge fan of Verlander, but hopefully Willis and Bondo can carry you. You've got a high-potential offense, but you may need to move someone for some saves (or another pitcher in general) if your guys can't hold their jobs.

Overall, nicely done guys. Each of you has a team that could compete, and in a league as deep as this, drafting a team good enough is a challenge in and of itself. ;-D
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby EugeneStyles » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:34 pm

George_Foreman wrote:Overall, nicely done guys. Each of you has a team that could compete, and in a league as deep as this, drafting a team good enough is a challenge in and of itself. ;-D

Thanks. And you're, right, it's difficult to draft a solid team in a league like this. All of our teams have holes, but so does every team in the league. A league like this isn't won on draft day, though. There won't be a lot of good value on the wire, but the scrubs that distinguish themselves over the year will make a big difference for the people that pick them up and fit them into their teams. So let's stay active, people. ;-D (I know, "rah, rah". :*) )
(taps little picture of a microphone)... is this thing on?
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:41 pm

Good luck guys, and a special thanks to Chad for covering on such short notice. Make me proud. ;-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby tuff_gong » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:54 pm

Good luck guys! Give 'em Hell :-b

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CadensDad » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:07 pm

Good luck guy's im rotting for us!

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Super Manny » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:22 pm

CadensDad wrote:Good luck guy's im rotting for us!

Brutal. You might want to get that checked out by a doctor... :-D

"When you don't feel good and you still get hits, that's when you know you are a bad man." -Manuel A. Ramirez
Super Manny
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby bleach168 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:42 pm

EugeneStyles wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:Overall, nicely done guys. Each of you has a team that could compete, and in a league as deep as this, drafting a team good enough is a challenge in and of itself. ;-D

Thanks. And you're, right, it's difficult to draft a solid team in a league like this. All of our teams have holes, but so does every team in the league. A league like this isn't won on draft day, though. There won't be a lot of good value on the wire, but the scrubs that distinguish themselves over the year will make a big difference for the people that pick them up and fit them into their teams. So let's stay active, people. ;-D (I know, "rah, rah". :*) )

Right on. As long as none of you guys shoot yourself in the foot on draft day (and doesn't look like you have). Then the real battle can begin.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:41 am

I just gave up Ortiz/Glaus/Broxton for Pujols/F. Lopez/Donnelly.

I did this for a few reasons.

1. I needed help in average and I get it with Pujols. 50 points higher than Ortiz. I don't lose power numbers here.

2. I needed speed. Iguchi was my main SB guy with 11 SB's last year. I'm not punting SB's. Lopez gives me more SB's.

3. I didn't want to give up Broxton, but I have Rincon/Linebrink to help with my ratio's. I didn't want to not get Pujols over a middle reliever.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:15 pm

chadlincoln wrote:I just gave up Ortiz/Glaus/Broxton for Pujols/F. Lopez/Donnelly.

I did this for a few reasons.

1. I needed help in average and I get it with Pujols. 50 points higher than Ortiz. I don't lose power numbers here.

2. I needed speed. Iguchi was my main SB guy with 11 SB's last year. I'm not punting SB's. Lopez gives me more SB's.

3. I didn't want to give up Broxton, but I have Rincon/Linebrink to help with my ratio's. I didn't want to not get Pujols over a middle reliever.

I like it. If you need average help, then losing Glaus should help there as well. ;-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers