Looks like Chan Ho Park will start the season...... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Texas Rangers

Looks like Chan Ho Park will start the season......

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looks like Chan Ho Park will start the season......

Postby Madison » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:57 pm

Chan Ho Park - S - Texas Rangers Dec 2

Chan Ho Park has received medical clearance to begin a throwing program. The Rangers hope he'll be close to 100 percent for the start of spring training.
The Rangers don't have any real idea of what they'll get out of Park next season. He almost certainly won't go back to being a $13 million-per-year pitcher, but maybe he could at least be a decent third starter if he regains some velocity. Source: Dallas Morning News


Maybe he can at least be decent. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby ukjohn » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:27 pm

I wouldn't count on it...an average #3-4 pitcher, IMO
"I'm out like a fat girl in dodge ball"
ukjohn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1283
Joined: 19 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Northern Kentucky

Postby Madison » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:10 pm

Oh, I'm not betting on it. It would be nice to see him at least stay healthy, and at this point, a #3 starter would be just fine with me. We'll see, but like I said, I'm not betting on it.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Re: Looks like Chan Ho Park will start the season......

Postby wrveres » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:44 pm

Madison wrote:
Chan Ho Park - S - Texas Rangers Dec 2

Chan Ho Park has received medical clearance to begin a throwing program. The Rangers hope he'll be close to 100 percent for the start of spring training.
The Rangers don't have any real idea of what they'll get out of Park next season. He almost certainly won't go back to being a $13 million-per-year pitcher, but maybe he could at least be a decent third starter if he regains some velocity. Source: Dallas Morning News


Maybe he can at least be decent. B-)


Cool, he should be able to lower the team ERA from 6.00 to 5.99 .... B-)

it just looks so much better on paper. :-°
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 720)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Looks like Chan Ho Park will start the season......

Postby DieHardCubbie » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:03 pm

Madison wrote:
Chan Ho Park - S - Texas Rangers Dec 2

Chan Ho Park has received medical clearance to begin a throwing program. The Rangers hope he'll be close to 100 percent for the start of spring training.
The Rangers don't have any real idea of what they'll get out of Park next season. He almost certainly won't go back to being a $13 million-per-year pitcher, but maybe he could at least be a decent third starter if he regains some velocity. Source: Dallas Morning News


Maybe he can at least be decent. B-)


He has to be better than what the Rangers put on the mound last year....right..... :-?
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 13084
Joined: 13 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: floating around on the 3rd rock

Postby Madison » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:17 pm

I keep hoping that it gets better. I'm not even asking that much out of my Rangers. I'm not asking for Colon, or Millwood, or the playoffs. Just put some decent pitching on the mound and see what happens.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby wrveres » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:35 pm

Madison wrote:I keep hoping that it gets better. I'm not even asking that much out of my Rangers. I'm not asking for Colon, or Millwood, or the playoffs. Just put some decent pitching on the mound and see what happens.


I agree .. ;-D

how about Arod for ..

Kevin Brown and Darren Dreifort .... Could work financially ?? :-?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 720)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:46 pm

wrveres wrote:
Madison wrote:I keep hoping that it gets better. I'm not even asking that much out of my Rangers. I'm not asking for Colon, or Millwood, or the playoffs. Just put some decent pitching on the mound and see what happens.


I agree .. ;-D

how about Arod for ..

Kevin Brown and Darren Dreifort .... Could work financially ?? :-?


If Brown wasn't such a knucklehead (nice way to put it) when we had him before, I'd say the Rangers might be interested. 2 problems though, obviously Arod doesn't want to go to LA, and the Rangers don't want Brown's attitude. Not a bad idea though. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby wrveres » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:50 pm

Madison wrote: 2 problems though, obviously Arod doesn't want to go to LA, and the Rangers don't want Brown's attitude. Not a bad idea though. B-)


Oh thats right, I forgot KB was there.

And I keep reading that Arod doesn't want to play in the Senior Circuit, Wonder why? :-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 720)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:07 pm

wrveres wrote:
Madison wrote: 2 problems though, obviously Arod doesn't want to go to LA, and the Rangers don't want Brown's attitude. Not a bad idea though. B-)


Oh thats right, I forgot KB was there.

And I keep reading that Arod doesn't want to play in the Senior Circuit, Wonder why? :-D


I think it's more like Chavez Ravine would hurt his stats. The Ravine is not good to hitters, but you already know that. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Next

Return to Texas Rangers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 30
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Oakland at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact