Here's an Arod update - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Here's an Arod update

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Here's an Arod update

Postby Madison » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:55 pm

Alex Rodriguez - SS - Texas Rangers Dec 2

Alex Rodriguez called Buck Showalter Sunday night, talking with his manager for the first time in six weeks.
Showalter was vague on the details of the talk, he did say he came away from the conversation unaware of any "issues" between him and A-Rod. Since the Rangers still don't seem interested in swapping him for Manny Ramirez, it doesn't look like Rodriguez is going anywhere this winter. Source: Dallas Morning News


The rumors are greatly exaggerated. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Re: Here's an Arod update

Postby wrveres » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:40 pm

Madison wrote:
Alex Rodriguez - SS - Texas Rangers Dec 2

Alex Rodriguez called Buck Showalter Sunday night, talking with his manager for the first time in six weeks.
Showalter was vague on the details of the talk, he did say he came away from the conversation unaware of any "issues" between him and A-Rod. Since the Rangers still don't seem interested in swapping him for Manny Ramirez, it doesn't look like Rodriguez is going anywhere this winter. Source: Dallas Morning News


The rumors are greatly exaggerated. B-)


as we have been saying ...... Arod is not going anywhere
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31755
(Past Year: 746)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nsulham » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:48 pm

This thread will come in handy for crow if/when a deal happens :-)

Just messing with ya boys ;-D
Image
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4883
Joined: 26 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlottesville

Postby wrveres » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:51 pm

nsulham wrote:This thread will come in handy for crow if/when a deal happens :-)

Just messing with ya boys ;-D


Oh I've eaten my crow before .... it's good with a little 'Butter' .. but I don't see it here ... Texas already said... 5 Players. Thats what it will take. Boston doesn't have the five players to give ....
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31755
(Past Year: 746)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nsulham » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:55 pm

wrveres wrote:
nsulham wrote:This thread will come in handy for crow if/when a deal happens :-)

Just messing with ya boys ;-D


Oh I've eaten my crow before .... it's good with a little 'Butter' .. but I don't see it here ... Texas already said... 5 Players. Thats what it will take. Boston doesn't have the five players to give ....


And so the butter makes it way into yet another thread :-) lol

This board should start being sponsered by Parkay ;-)
Image
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4883
Joined: 26 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlottesville

Postby Madison » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:02 pm

wrveres wrote:
nsulham wrote:This thread will come in handy for crow if/when a deal happens :-)

Just messing with ya boys ;-D


Oh I've eaten my crow before .... it's good with a little 'Butter' .. but I don't see it here ... Texas already said... 5 Players. Thats what it will take. Boston doesn't have the five players to give ....


I've eaten my share of crow as well. :-/

I'm pretty safe on this one. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:36 am

I still think that it's 51/49 that he's in Boston next year. I think that a package with Manny in it (sorry Mad) will send him there.
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Madison » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:51 am

Lofunzo wrote:I still think that it's 51/49 that he's in Boston next year. I think that a package with Manny in it (sorry Mad) will send him there.


I guess I have to say it again. The Rangers have zero (read zero) interest in Manny. They do not want him. It's that simple. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:05 am

Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:I still think that it's 51/49 that he's in Boston next year. I think that a package with Manny in it (sorry Mad) will send him there.


I guess I have to say it again. The Rangers have zero (read zero) interest in Manny. They do not want him. It's that simple. ;-)


Mad.......I understand that you have the hometown information but I am looking at the bigger picture. I will say it again, too. Hicks is hurting for cash right now and is looking at total values of contracts rather than yearly. The NHL lockout is lurking for next year and that is going to cost him a lot of money. IMHO, they don't really want either of them but Manny is cheaper and he has a little history with Hart.

What it boils down to is that I think that the Sox might give Texas enough to make it happen. Not that Texas wants either player but the lesser of 2 evils ($$) might make it happen. Boston knows that the time is now and that Nomar would like to go out West.
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:45 am

Mad, let's make a little avatar bet on this deal going down in some form. I'll need odds, though. What'll you give me?
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 7181
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: No taxation without Representation!

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: datelin3, scarnicease and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Jul. 25
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(4:05 pm)
Toronto at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Arizona at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Diego at Atlanta
(7:35 pm)
Oakland at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
NY Mets at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Miami at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Detroit at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Baltimore at Seattle
(10:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact