rate my updated team whir. go to last page - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

rate my updated team whir. go to last page

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nakgxf » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:46 pm

I think you are looking very solid, and outside of trying to pick up another closer, sit tight until the season starts. It is always a little risky to make moves before you see a guy play because you are always basing decisions on last season's numbers. Lots of guys improve/regress over the course of an offseason.

Thanks for the help on mine by the way, and here's a new one for you if you want to help me out:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=258329
nakgxf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:56 pm

Thanks for helping on mine,
Stacked lineup; I think w/ Lugo,O-Cab and Lofton you're decent w/ speed just fitting them in your lineup will be tricky.I think for now, I'd put Lugo in SS and maybe try to trade Dunn/Hall for a more established closer.
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby nutjobs » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:13 pm

StarsNPinstripes wrote:Thanks for helping on mine,
Stacked lineup; I think w/ Lugo,O-Cab and Lofton you're decent w/ speed just fitting them in your lineup will be tricky.I think for now, I'd put Lugo in SS and maybe try to trade Dunn/Hall for a more established closer.

I couldn't agree more with this post ;-D

thanks for the help on my topic.
nutjobs
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Gon_Trevil » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:30 pm

This doesn't make sense. If this is a 10 team league, how come you have 7 players ranked in the top 30 overall?

You are either playing against the biggest Fantasy Baseball losers of all time, or this is a keeper league.

Well, either way, you shouldn't worry at all about this team. Like you said, you can find saves on waivers. And if you really want to swing a deal, go for a Dave Roberts type (good player, underrated, won't break your bank to acquire) and put him in your Util spot.
Gon_Trevil
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gon_Trevil » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:32 pm

nutjobs wrote:
StarsNPinstripes wrote:Thanks for helping on mine,

I couldn't agree more with this post ;-D

thanks for the help on my topic.

Sign me up as well.
Gon_Trevil
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:40 pm

Gon_Trevil wrote:This doesn't make sense. If this is a 10 team league, how come you have 7 players ranked in the top 30 overall?

You are either playing against the biggest Fantasy Baseball losers of all time, or this is a keeper league.

Well, either way, you shouldn't worry at all about this team. Like you said, you can find saves on waivers. And if you really want to swing a deal, go for a Dave Roberts type (good player, underrated, won't break your bank to acquire) and put him in your Util spot.

i "had" dave roberts but i got waiver priority 6 instead of 2 because we did the draft offline and whoever signed into the league last got first pri. i got these players because people went for closers early. i think i might try and trade dunn for a closer then put overbay at ut. right now i offered cabrera for jenks and also cab for chad cordero since the person has good closers and need a bit of speed. what do you think?
10 team,H2H,5x5
C-Montero
1B-A.Gonzalez
2B-Utley
3B-Longoria
SS-Reyes
1B/3B-Morneau
2b/SS-K.Jonhson
OF-J.Upton,CarGo,Pierre
UTL-Rasmus
P-Hamels,Nolasco,W.Rodriguez,Garza,Wagner,Aardsma
BN-Span,Slowey,Liriano,E.Santana,Gregg, Pelfrey, Street
DL-B. Anderson
sadlyajetsfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ChiSoxFan95 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:46 pm

Hey man! Your team is beastly. As you said I think your major need is SB if anything. Maybe try and deal for Carl Crawford or someone with elite SB with good RBI. If you want you can trade some of your big names because there might still be some decent players in FA if it's a small league. Lol, i duno, hope this helps. ttyl
ChiSoxFan95
College Coach
College Coach

Postby schillingfan » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:43 pm

Extremely good team. I agree with others that you should wait and see what happens and possibly move Dunn or a big bat for someone with a good avg and sbs.
14 Team Yahoo H2H League
schillingfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby italia8811 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:08 am

Well this team will give you a lot of power. I think Gagne will go down, so if Otsuka is available consider picking him up. With your offense so powerful I think you have the option of gibing up one of your big bats for more speed or another closer. Possibly package an one of your OF with gange for a top closer and an average OF.

Overall very good team
italia8811
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:26 am

i might get one of the following
lugo for jenks
lugo for cordero
ocab for jenks
ocab for cordero

i gave him the choice of any 4, he has a lot of closers and absolutley no steals. i can get someone thatll give me 20 steals of fa so i dont care who i give up out of the 2 and dont care who i get

edit:
how about jones and gagne for pierre and hoffman? the person i would be trading to has hanley so is fine in steals and hes got gagne so that sounds pretty perfect although is it worth it for me? i guess i can always switch overbay and dunn at ut so my avg doesnt get killed, prob would stay pretty high like that maybe 270ish between them
10 team,H2H,5x5
C-Montero
1B-A.Gonzalez
2B-Utley
3B-Longoria
SS-Reyes
1B/3B-Morneau
2b/SS-K.Jonhson
OF-J.Upton,CarGo,Pierre
UTL-Rasmus
P-Hamels,Nolasco,W.Rodriguez,Garza,Wagner,Aardsma
BN-Span,Slowey,Liriano,E.Santana,Gregg, Pelfrey, Street