rate my updated team whir. go to last page - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

rate my updated team whir. go to last page

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby samjerky » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:38 pm

Hey thanks for the reply on mine.

So far I like the Damon idea that's out there. He's all-around and it looks to be a great year for him. So I'll second that as the best idea.

I like Pierre and Furcal also as some further options if you can do a deal. The Dodgers (my hometown) are not going to have a lot of power, so I think they'll ask a lot of their baserunners.

Why not drop Ethier for Freel as well? You'd have the SB on the bench if you need them, and I don't know about Ethier. He won't give you SB or much power and you've got a great starting lineup so that you can target specific weak points with your bench. Although, huge disclaimer, I know some baseball but I'm new to fantasy.

Thanks again.
samjerky Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:27 pm

samjerky wrote:Hey thanks for the reply on mine.

So far I like the Damon idea that's out there. He's all-around and it looks to be a great year for him. So I'll second that as the best idea.

I like Pierre and Furcal also as some further options if you can do a deal. The Dodgers (my hometown) are not going to have a lot of power, so I think they'll ask a lot of their baserunners.

Why not drop Ethier for Freel as well? You'd have the SB on the bench if you need them, and I don't know about Ethier. He won't give you SB or much power and you've got a great starting lineup so that you can target specific weak points with your bench. Although, huge disclaimer, I know some baseball but I'm new to fantasy.

Thanks again.

freel isnt there right now. lofton and dave roberts. im picking up overbay and dropping ensberg. should i cancel that and drop ensberg and either for lofton and roberts?
sadlyajetsfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RJHNY1 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:29 pm

Do not trade Dunn for Podsednik. That's a crazy move! Keep Dunn and when a need materializes, move him for something good.

I believe Dunn is 27 this year and we know what players do at 27. Keep Dunn.
RJHNY1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:34 pm

RJHNY1 wrote:Do not trade Dunn for Podsednik. That's a crazy move! Keep Dunn and when a need materializes, move him for something good.

I believe Dunn is 27 this year and we know what players do at 27. Keep Dunn.

do u think picking up dave roberts and/or lofton is a good way to get sb right now? i offered dunn for pierre, if i dont get that then i guess ill try a smaller move
10 team,H2H,5x5
C-Montero
1B-A.Gonzalez
2B-Utley
3B-Longoria
SS-Reyes
1B/3B-Morneau
2b/SS-K.Jonhson
OF-J.Upton,CarGo,Pierre
UTL-Rasmus
P-Hamels,Nolasco,W.Rodriguez,Garza,Wagner,Aardsma
BN-Span,Slowey,Liriano,E.Santana,Gregg, Pelfrey, Street
DL-B. Anderson
sadlyajetsfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Jenkinz13 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:05 pm

I agree with the notion of going with fewer bats on your bench, and taking a chance more with a SP with upside, or a niche guy like Roberts.

For my money, I would pick up Roberts, even if you don't see a spot in your line-up to play him right away. An injury might free up a spot, or his trade value could be right later when someone realizes they're getting killed in SBs.

I think best case scenario you trade away a big bat in your OF for say an upgrade at SS, and slide Roberts into that vacated OF spot.
Jenkinz13
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby quitesanemax » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:15 pm

A few comments:

The one I'd be trying to sell high is Hall. Everywhere I read, they are saying he won't be able to repeat what he did last year. He had double as many HRs, but he had a lot of ks too.

I agree that closers are more valuable in your league, but it is not a complete loss for you yet. Keep in mind that there are still a few teams that haven't decided who their closers are yet. And the closer's job is the most undependable position in baseball. If your able to keep an eye on the waivers, and keep an eye on the closer thread in Baseball leftovers (I believe), you should be able to get a few good closers.

Also, A-Ram has his moments where he is out of this world... but keep in mind that he tends to start off cold. I had him last year... the first few months were torturous. If your someone who doesn't have patience, you might want to think about trading him too. In fact, I'd think about trading him for pretty even value, and then checking again at mid May. If he is doing as bad as he usually is, you can then try and buy low on him.

I don't have any experience with roto leagues, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Thanks for rating my team. Good luck!
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:58 pm

quitesanemax wrote:A few comments:

The one I'd be trying to sell high is Hall. Everywhere I read, they are saying he won't be able to repeat what he did last year. He had double as many HRs, but he had a lot of ks too.

I agree that closers are more valuable in your league, but it is not a complete loss for you yet. Keep in mind that there are still a few teams that haven't decided who their closers are yet. And the closer's job is the most undependable position in baseball. If your able to keep an eye on the waivers, and keep an eye on the closer thread in Baseball leftovers (I believe), you should be able to get a few good closers.

Also, A-Ram has his moments where he is out of this world... but keep in mind that he tends to start off cold. I had him last year... the first few months were torturous. If your someone who doesn't have patience, you might want to think about trading him too. In fact, I'd think about trading him for pretty even value, and then checking again at mid May. If he is doing as bad as he usually is, you can then try and buy low on him.

I don't have any experience with roto leagues, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Thanks for rating my team. Good luck!

theres no Ks in my league and with hall at 3b/ss i play him at short and he looks a lot better there so may keep him. i have been able to get a possible deal for soriano but trying to work with it. so far its andruw jones, delgado for soriano but im giving up a ton for that. trying to work something for damon and street, was thinking something like jones and broxton?
10 team,H2H,5x5
C-Montero
1B-A.Gonzalez
2B-Utley
3B-Longoria
SS-Reyes
1B/3B-Morneau
2b/SS-K.Jonhson
OF-J.Upton,CarGo,Pierre
UTL-Rasmus
DL-B. Anderson
sadlyajetsfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby willmingtownave » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:10 pm

Dunn is in another league than Pods. Pods is washed up now, while Dunn could easily bust out.
willmingtownave
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:17 pm

willmingtownave wrote:Dunn is in another league than Pods. Pods is washed up now, while Dunn could easily bust out.

i have decided not to trade dunn, that was when i was really tryin to get steals for anything but decided not to. see anything else i can try/need to improve on?
10 team,H2H,5x5
C-Montero
1B-A.Gonzalez
2B-Utley
3B-Longoria
SS-Reyes
1B/3B-Morneau
2b/SS-K.Jonhson
OF-J.Upton,CarGo,Pierre
UTL-Rasmus
DL-B. Anderson
sadlyajetsfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby 38kordor » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:29 pm

Dunn is gonna be solid this year. The reds always score, they just can never finish games. I say keep Dunn.
38kordor
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team