rate my updated team whir. go to last page - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

rate my updated team whir. go to last page

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:53 pm

i may be in trouble. no ones dishing out closers because theres no Ks cat and closers are then pretty solid. the kid that has nathan, mariano and cordero is going to keep all of them, im still trying to get crawford
sadlyajetsfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chris_dubyuh » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:18 am

For your needs, the best scenario for your scoring cats would be to pickup Crawford. You get tons of SBs and retain some power, all with good AVG and RBI numbers.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=257224
chris_dubyuh
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

Postby DSheppard » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:44 am

heh well ill reply because i said i would, but i dont have much to say

as said- excellent offense and starting rotation with not quite enough speed or relief pitching.

if you cant get crawford or add another closer, maybe you could try something like Jones + Fuentes for Damon + a better closer than Fuentes. lose some value from jones to damon, but get some of those other categories as you do so and upgrade closer in exchange. just an idea, as im trying to come up with something =)
DSheppard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:56 pm

DSheppard wrote:heh well ill reply because i said i would, but i dont have much to say

as said- excellent offense and starting rotation with not quite enough speed or relief pitching.

if you cant get crawford or add another closer, maybe you could try something like Jones + Fuentes for Damon + a better closer than Fuentes. lose some value from jones to damon, but get some of those other categories as you do so and upgrade closer in exchange. just an idea, as im trying to come up with something =)

i actually like that idea. the person that has damon has pujols but thats his only bat. im really trying to get rid of dunn and was offered podsednik for him, think me giving dunn and getting pod would be good or not worth it?
sadlyajetsfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby MrE » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:25 pm

I think a Jones for Damon swap would be fair 1v1. Another deal would be to acquire Ichiro. Ichiro will provide SB and his value should be depressed in a non-Run based league. Dunn h% of your hitting categories? Look to move him for an outfielder like Alex Rios....

Please return the favor:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=257370
- MrE -
MrE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:33 pm

MrE wrote:I think a Jones for Damon swap would be fair 1v1. Another deal would be to acquire Ichiro. Ichiro will provide SB and his value should be depressed in a non-Run based league. Dunn h% of your hitting categories? Look to move him for an outfielder like Alex Rios....

Please return the favor:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=257370

do you think something like dunn for podsednik would be worth it?
sadlyajetsfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby MrE » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:46 pm

No. Absolutely not.

Look at Posednik's numbers. He went from 70 steals in 05, to mid 50s in 06, to 40 in 07. This isn't a fluke. The guy isn't as good of a baserunner as in years past. Additionally, he has already got a leg injury heading into the season. Avoid him like the plague unless he is virtually free.

I would try to trade for Jimmy Rollins using one of your stud outfielders (and yes I consider Hall an outfielder....Maybe Try Andruw Jones for Rollins.....)
- MrE -
MrE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby fantasy baller » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:07 pm

thanks for the post. I agree that your team is monstrous. Your OF is strong as hell. ARam is going to have a crazy ass year, with Lee and Soriano hitting in front of him. The only thing I might have to say about your team is the batting avg. might dip, and your speed isn't the greatest, but i don't see that it would be any significant problem. If you really are that worried, see if you could replace Dunn with Ichiro. Your most movable assets are Dunn, Lugo, and Gagne/Fuentes. Remember, closers will pop up in the year, so don't worry too much about them if you trade one. Target Ichiro's owners needs. If you can't get him, see if you could miracalously get Sizemore. Otherwise, aim for a Taveras or Pods on the cheap. Your pitching is amazing. I don't see how you could have gotten Soriano AND Johan Santana with the 9th pick, but that is freakin lucky. Your rotation has solid depth. I don't think you're as weak at closer as people say, unless Gagne gets hurt. Do you need to trade for one right now? No. Would it hurt to pick one up from the WW later on? No. So Your team is set, all you have to do is look out for that stud closer later on in the season!
fantasy baller
College Coach
College Coach

Postby fantasy baller » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:15 pm

just saw your other posts: NO, DUNN CAN GET YOU MORE THAN PODS AND TAVS! If you must deal Dunn for speed and avg., target Ichiro, Sizemore, Abreu. Deal Dunn (and probably something else) for them.
fantasy baller
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:02 am

i am going to try and get juan pierre for dunn but that might not happen. everyone said dunn will destroy avg so they dont want him. i dont think i can get sizemore because he is being insanely overvalued by the person that took him. i had a deal to get him it was something like soriano, sizemore, and atkins for aram, manny, lee and jones so obv not going to do that. im trying to also deal hall right now so maybe i can do dunn/jones and hall for someone.
sadlyajetsfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team