Slow Draft Finished! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Slow Draft Finished!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Slow Draft Finished!

Postby roninmedia » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:36 pm

10 Team 6x6 w/ 6 Keepers w/ no restricions.

R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, SO
W, L, S, K, ERA, WHIP

C Russell Martin
1B Justin Morneau
2B Tadahito Iguchi
3B Miguel Cabrera
SS Carlos Guillen
OF Ichiro Suzuki, Rocco Baldelli, Alex Rios
UTIL Prince Fielder

SP Jake Peavy, Brandon Webb
RP Billy Wagner, Brian Fuentes
P Felix Hernandez, Chris Capunao, Jonathan Broxton

BN JD Drew, Lyle Overbay, Freddy Sanchez, Cole Hamels, Scot Shields, Scott Linebrink
Last edited by roninmedia on Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roninmedia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Slow Draft Finished!

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:51 pm

with 6 keepers you have a ton of options on what to do next year. your offense can be tweaked but id say better than average. work on getting some more bats in OF. dont think i can say a bad thing about pitching though, peavy and webb how can you go wrong

howd my team work out?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=257117
sadlyajetsfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:21 pm

You have a fairly solid team. Your pitching stands out and is the strength of your squad.

With that said, I think you might run into power issues. I think you can pencil M-Cab or Fielder for 40 HR's on potential alone, but the chances that neither reach that goal is still quite good. Morneau projects to be a solid 40 HR type, but your team is chock full of players who won't exceed 25 HR's (i.e. Rios, Baldelli, Guillen, Iguchi). I'm not that keen about having Ichiro in a fantasy perspective, just because AVG is the most susceptible statistic to fluctuations and SB totals are in doubt for even a speedster of Ichiro's age.

I suppose my suggestion would be to trade Ichiro for a power bat and if some people in your league are high on Rios or Baldelli, aim for a power hitter out of either or both, even though it's likely you'll just get a respectable bat out of either.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby shappy » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:30 am

i agree a lot with the poster above. I dont htink morneau can repeat his year from last but he will be putting up some solid to very good numbers this year. You dont really have that big time bat, a person who will hit 40+ and have 130+ rbi, might be something you go out and try to get. The pitching looks great Peavy/Webb 1/2 you cant really beat with too many others and then I really like felix this year, Like the boave said try to maybe move a rios who people will be high on and try to get a better OF

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=257311

I have bad luck when it comes to signatures that the person either gets traded or hurt...in this case I hope he gets traded.
shappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby abstractpoet » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:57 pm

I see from your banner that you may be an Ichiro fan, so you may be hesitant to give him up...but in a keeper league I think his value decreases quite a bit, so if you could get a young masher for him (say a Matt Holliday type, though that's probably a stretch), that's a move I'd definitely make. I agree with others that in a position as deep as OF, you want to have at least one solid source of power there, especially in a 10 team league.

Really nice pitching staff, as people have said.
abstractpoet
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby roninmedia » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:22 pm

Not particularly an Ichiro fan, but I chose to place him in my banner because he was the easiest to find pictures of.

My only qualm with moving Ichiro is I lose a lot of SBs. Yes, Guillen, Iguchi, Rios and Baldelli are all capable of 20 SBs each, but without Ichiro, I sink to the bottom of the category. Oh yeah, Ichiro is low on SO.
roninmedia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Surrender2theYankees » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:03 pm

Thanks for your insight. I think your team is damn good, especially for keeper league...TONS of good young talent. Your pitching staff looks great and is deep, so I wouldn't worry there. The only thing you are lacking is some power. Your outfield is comprised of very similar players. I would try to add a bopper into the outfield. I would maybe wait until the season starts and sell high on a position of depth like outfield. You can't keep all of them anyway.
Surrender2theYankees
College Coach
College Coach

Postby italia8811 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:12 am

Great team. Im a fan of Baldelli and think he will have a big year. Also, Peavy pitched much better than his numbers showed last year. Peavy and Webb is a strong combination.

If you think you are in need of more SB, look to offering Drew, Im sure someone in your league thinks he's worth more than he is.
italia8811
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Weasel_King » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:32 am

You got a lot of good young guns- which in keeper is great. Peavy and Webb form a great 1-2 punch. Your power is definetly lacking, its likely none of your OFs reach 25 HR's (maybe Rios).

If you get a chance:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=258363
Weasel_King
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jfg » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:46 pm

Love the pitching.

Don't know about the lineup. I'd have to see the rest of the field, but it just seems like you're middle of the pack in every category in a 10 team. The only cat I could see you winning is runs, maybe strikeouts.

But, I think barring injury you should be right at the top of all the pitching categories especially if Broxton finds his way into the closer role.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team