2B - Utley
3B - Crede
SS - Furcal
OF - Sheff, Dunn, Victorino
UT - Thome
BN - Posednik, C Jackson

SP - Halladay, Jer Weaver, Bedard, Rogers, Patterson
RP - Ryan, Ray, Torres, Dotel, Broxton

The only changes I've really made so far were trading my Francoeur for his Dunn and I just traded my Young for his Furcal(I consider them even value-wise, and wanted the steals). Also dropped Duffy for Victorino. Think I've got a shot this year, or do I have areas I need to improve in?
Jakra
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:28 pm

Not a bad team. I'd surely take Dunn over Francoeur. Both are known to be BA killers, but at least Dunn is a sure bet to amass more power. For the record, I prefer Young over Furcal, but it's fairly even and fits your basestealing needs. I would've hung onto Duffy over Victorino just for the idea that he could be a cheap 30-40 SB's for where you drafted him, although I frown upon one-dimensional basestealers like him and Podsednik.

Aside from the SB issues, your team might run into a few issues in keeping average high on a consistent basis, but I suppose that's a slight worry when Berkman, Utley, Sheffield, and Thome should hold the fort.

I think the strength of your team more or less lies in your bullpen. Ryan and Ray is a great nucleus to head up a RP core. Starting pitching has good balance, but I'm concerned about Halladay's declining K/IP given that he changed his approach last year in getting hitters out on contact and with Jered Weaver's arm burning out. You do have a few high-reward K artists in Bedard and Patterson though.

I'd say your team has good balance to stay competitive at the end of the day.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Not Bad

Postby Gozirra » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Your team is ok but not great. I disagree about Dunn. I think Frank is going in a better direction and reducing his SO's where as Dunn is always going to be a strike out guy.
I think you have a pretty nice balance but Dodger has a point with your BA being a little suspect.
Good Luck!
GOZIRRA

"Always chose the difficult right over the easy wrong."
USMC Officer Training
Gozirra
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team