Wanting to start a paying/for profit league.... HELP!? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Wanting to start a paying/for profit league.... HELP!?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Wanting to start a paying/for profit league.... HELP!?

Postby 43fan » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:46 am

As you can see by my nick, well maybe ya can, *g* I'm a racing fan at heart. Anyway, hope that isn't held too much against me. ;)

I've been wanting to start an online, local(at first anyway) league, initially for Nascar, but also wanting to start a MLB league too.

I'm unfamiliar with baseball fantasy leagues, so not real sure how to set something up. With a Nascar league, the format I like best is to have say 5 groups of drivers, with each person in the league being able to pick just a certain number from each group. At the start of the season, these groups would be based on the past years points standings. No draft, no auction, nothing like that, just pick your drivers and score points based on how they score in Winston(excuse me, Nextel) Cup.

I'd like to do something similar with baseball I think. Meaning, all players are open to all participants in the league. IOW, if you have Barry Bonds, so can I. From what little bit I've looked at other leagues though, this isn't usually the case, is it?

As I said above, this would initially be a local league, meaning I'd advertise it locally, but of course if someone else found out about it and wanted to join, there wouldn't be anything preventing them from doing so. I'm in the process of setting up a payout schedule, etc.. as well. As I said, this will be a paying league, and yes, a for profit league.

One of the reasons I want to stick to local first is, I'll want to allow local businesses to advertise some on the site.

Looking for a lot of help(info?) here if at all possible. Who should I look to for software/stats? What do you all think of the idea? What's a good "fee" for joining? I'm initially thinking of either $25 or $35, with 60% going into the prize fund. With weekly(or possibly monthly) prizes, as well as a final payout. Paying positions on the final would be determined by number of participants, say paying 1 in 4 or 1 in 5 places.

So... what do you all think? I'm certainly not a regular here, just stumbled onto this site while looking for info... but I'm hoping you'll give me some help if you can. :)

Feel free to email me as well! :)

Thanks a lot!
Shawn
43fan
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:09 pm

what are the categories in nascar ...

Left hand Turn
Passing while making a left hand turn
Number of 'Donuts' left on the other teams car door
Number of 'Donuts' eaten by the crew
Not injuring the crew while pitting.

LOL

J/K
welcome to the cafe ... and good luck with your league ..
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 641)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Classifieds