Adam Loewen - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Adam Loewen

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Adam Loewen

Postby nsulham » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:05 pm

This kid's always had potential and so far this spring he's throwing well and says he feels more comfortable than he's ever been.

Given the rotation options (or lack thereof) in Baltimore, is he going to get a chance to stick?
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ender » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:09 pm

I would expect him to start full time this year though he might be limited to 175 IP's or so to try to stretch him out.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:00 pm

Yes, it's in his contract that he has to be on the 2007 roster, and the O's aren't going to stick him in the pen. He'll be starting, and could be a real sleeper. Not sure if he's ready, but he's going to be a good pitcher.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby Havok1517 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:06 pm

Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:14 pm

I am trying not to get too optimistic about my young Oriole pitchers, but....

"I can't curb my enthusiasm," Mazzone said. "I'm very excited about the group and the possibilities of some achievements that we can have. I just want to get them out of here healthy. That's the bottom line."

There's nothing sickly about their numbers.

Bedard, Cabrera and Loewen have combined for 12 scoreless innings. They've allowed four hits, walked one and struck out 17.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby davidmarver » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:58 pm

I was convinced enough about his rotation slot, before the Benson injury, to give him a 3 year $1 contract in a league I expect to compete for the title in this season. ;-D
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby shady81 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:46 pm

yeah I'm not wanting to get to optimistic but its hard not to when it concerns my O's pitching this year. I mean Bedard is clearly going to be the ace after last season, Cabrera supposedly had Lasik(sp?) eye surgery over the off season to help correct his vision problem (the reason he was walking so many guys last year) Loewen is more then ready for his shot this year, Wright is back with Mazzone so maybe he can find his way back to the season he had in 2004 when he last worked with him and if Trachsel bombs after taking Benson's spot then we always have Penn to bring up or should I say move in because I have a feeling Penn might start off in the BP.

And if you add on the fact that there was no WBC this year so ALL of our pitchers finally get a full spring to learn from Mazzone, I think this years pitching is simply going to be amazing
shady81 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Niffoc4 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:16 pm

So... getting him in the last round of a 20-team draft would be a good thing? :-D
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby shady81 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:59 pm

yeah its a good thing, but I think he would have gone undrafted if you hadnt picked him, but you deffinatly didnt waste a pick... I think he will give you about 12-14 wins with an era right around 4 when everything is said and done
shady81 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:03 pm

shady81 wrote:yeah its a good thing, but I think he would have gone undrafted if you hadnt picked him, but you deffinatly didnt waste a pick... I think he will give you about 12-14 wins with an era right around 4 when everything is said and done

I think ERA around 4 is top end. I'd expect somewhere from 4.2 to 4.6; Good Ks, probably 7.5 per 9 IP or better. WHIP will hurt you as he'll be around 1.4 or so.

I'm not sure the O's offense can get him 12-14 wins. I'd expect more like 9-12.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers