Catching CHEATERS! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Catching CHEATERS!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Catching CHEATERS!

Postby jonboycubs » Wed May 21, 2014 6:57 am

Baseball must not be fun for that guy since it is more like a business to him, he must miss the real fun, is his name Selig by chance?
"I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform." Ryne Sandberg
jonboycubs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 1146)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jrob23 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:46 pm

thetwinsarein wrote:This topic is ages old. However Id like to throw my opinion into the mix. Yes it may not be considered cheating. However anyone who has ever run a league, did so because they felt they could offer (FREE OF CHARGE) a better system, format, rules, regulations or way of doing things that was either friendlier or somewhat less complicated, by combining prior sets of rules, formats etc. into a league that they oversee. That was previously unavailable in leagues that already existed. They didn't ask to be paid. Nor did any commissioner who ever started his own keeper league, dynasty league or league in general, that was set up on a free fantasy scoring site, being that this was their original intention. I have run several leagues since 98. In all my years ive never been paid for running a league. The only time I ever received payment was when I won a $20 pay league that I finished in first place for and that was not a league I commissioned. I have spend atleast a thousand hours, going over rosters, making sure that scoring is accurate within our leagues current scoring system, making sure that trades are moderately fair and don't deserve a veto, discussing league settings, scoring and other league related issues with current owners to find a better solution to problems that have arisen from within my own rules. I do all this because I love fantasy baseball and fantasy sports for that matter. I have several keeper leagues I still oversee. I have rules that are different from yours, I have a scoring system that will encourage discussion on how to make it better. I have a unique league setup that brings in a lot of quality owners and yes it also requires that an owner who may not return for one reason or another and I have to find a replacement. All of which I do because I love the sports I have set up leagues for, not because I am trying to make a profit off doing something that should payout 100% of what comes in.

So I agree with Madison that this was the intention of said commissioner to profit off of setting up leagues in order to turn a profit. If you want to say cheater I am ok with this. I bet the federal government would love to know about this extra cash he's bringing in and I imagine he's not claiming it on his taxes. (my opinion) So technically speaking it could be considered criminal.

It is, also in my opinion, unethical and a flat out attempt to deceive any owner who does not fully understand what he may be getting himself into.

So let the flood gates open.

it isn't cheating, however, anyone who runs a league where fees and prizes don't match up is dbag in my opinion. I don't know what's worse though, the guy doing this scheme or the idiot owners who either can't do the math or let this happen.
jrob23
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 7)

Postby rosco101663 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:00 pm

filling a league.
Yeah, its not easy. I believe the only reason I've had success is by putting up my own money in order to keep the league running. (Someone said Labor of Love?) I pay the first $50 of the site fee AND I pay the entry fee of last year's winner and 1/2 of the fee for the runner up. I think it helps to keep the entry fee low as well (under $50). In a 16 team, partial keeper league, I usually have to fill one or two vacancies per year.
rosco101663
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 6)

Previous

Return to Classifieds