Catching CHEATERS! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Catching CHEATERS!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Catching CHEATERS!

Postby bigmck » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:47 pm

johnchezy wrote:That said, being a good commissioner is a lot of work. I've been running my league for 11 years and it takes a lot of time to keep it fun and also stay on top of every aspect.
It wouldn't hurt my feelings if I were to make a little on the league though it just doesn't happen that way.
I charge between $15-$20 for 10 owners, (I give everyone a chance to pay early and save $5) which covers the $150 cost of CBS and the Championship trophy. If I break even I'm doing good, considering there's usually an owner or 2 that doesn't pay.

If you let owners not pay you and in your words, "If I break even I'm doing good" then you are not a good Commissioner. I have never had people not pay me. You collect before the draft, not after. If you don't it is only your fault. === As far as people in this thread bashing the site because they never get owners from the Classifieds, it could be the fault of the quality of the league, not the site. I have had good luck with this site. == Just my point of view.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 64)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cheaters » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:46 am

Do not get in a league with RYNOMITES. He gets a few of his buddies in a league and then trades with them and vetoes all your trades since he is a retard and dont know anything about fantasy baseball. Then when you catch him cheating and call him on it he will lock your team out.
Cheaters
T-Ball Trainer

Postby jtsandwich » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:47 pm

I agree with Madison, F'em, get him out of here. With the web site technology today the "average" league takes zero commish effort (not talking about dynasty here) and money leagues are great but the $ needs 100% payout.

I have been in a league for 10 years and the commish had free entry for his "efforts", last yr I said BS and I would commish if he felt it was too much effort. He now pays like everyone else.

And your right, you did need a catch phrase to get everyones attention and it worked. Is it cheating? no it is not, but it is breaking the rules of the forum, thus one warning and your OUT!
jtsandwich
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 122)

Postby johnchezy » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:40 pm

If you let owners not pay you and in your words, "If I break even I'm doing good" then you are not a good Commissioner.

That's a pretty blanket statement don't you think?
I've had some VERY good owners that I don't want to lose. If they skip out on me 1 year, I'm not going to can them after having them been a solid owner for 5 or 6 years. It happens occasionally, even after hounding them.
If it's someone newer or less interested in the league then yes, they're gone. But either way, I usually end up with 1 or 2 owners per season that don't pay. If that qualifies me as a bad commissioner then so be it.
johnchezy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Bravesfan1975 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:23 am

jtsandwich wrote:I agree with Madison, F'em, get him out of here. With the web site technology today the "average" league takes zero commish effort (not talking about dynasty here) and money leagues are great but the $ needs 100% payout.

I have been in a league for 10 years and the commish had free entry for his "efforts", last yr I said BS and I would commish if he felt it was too much effort. He now pays like everyone else.

And your right, you did need a catch phrase to get everyones attention and it worked. Is it cheating? no it is not, but it is breaking the rules of the forum, thus one warning and your OUT!

Agreed. As a Commish of 12+ years, I've used Yahoo (sometimes ESPN) and never charged any 'fees' or had a free ride in any of my leagues. Any site where the work is done online, there should be no fees. My brother runs pools for various leagues and enters himself free but there is a ton of manual work he does and deals with a ton of crap collecting entry fees. In that instance, it's justified.

And you said it best: Cheating, no, forum rules breaking, yes. And borders slightly on immorality as it can be construed as stealing.
Bravesfan1975
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby wbg » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:36 pm

Anyone ever have trouble with a 'brad pollack'?
wbg
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 4)

Postby ABA316 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:48 pm

Bravesfan1975 wrote:
jtsandwich wrote:I agree with Madison, F'em, get him out of here. With the web site technology today the "average" league takes zero commish effort (not talking about dynasty here) and money leagues are great but the $ needs 100% payout.

Agreed. As a Commish of 12+ years, I've used Yahoo (sometimes ESPN) and never charged any 'fees' or had a free ride in any of my leagues. Any site where the work is done online, there should be no fees. My brother runs pools for various leagues and enters himself free but there is a ton of manual work he does and deals with a ton of crap collecting entry fees. In that instance, it's justified.

And you said it best: Cheating, no, forum rules breaking, yes. And borders slightly on immorality as it can be construed as stealing.

I was in a league once where it was the case that commish played free. He didn't make that known and I never did the calculation on payouts so shame on me in a way I guess...

That said when I asked him about why my waiver claim didn't go through and he said "email Yahoo" that sealed it for me. I asked if he as the commish shouldn't be doing that especially where he is getting a free ride. Last year I played there..
ABA316
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mark D » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:38 pm

I think each industry has its own "players", but its all about those who bite the bait. I think you guys should raise up the security on the forum, coz all this kind of guys will always find an opportunity to scamm people, and no one ( 3rd part ) will be able to refund something to anyone...
Play the Best Games ever. This is the best opportunity for you.
Mark D
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby thetwinsarein » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:16 am

This topic is ages old. However Id like to throw my opinion into the mix. Yes it may not be considered cheating. However anyone who has ever run a league, did so because they felt they could offer (FREE OF CHARGE) a better system, format, rules, regulations or way of doing things that was either friendlier or somewhat less complicated, by combining prior sets of rules, formats etc. into a league that they oversee. That was previously unavailable in leagues that already existed. They didn't ask to be paid. Nor did any commissioner who ever started his own keeper league, dynasty league or league in general, that was set up on a free fantasy scoring site, being that this was their original intention. I have run several leagues since 98. In all my years ive never been paid for running a league. The only time I ever received payment was when I won a $20 pay league that I finished in first place for and that was not a league I commissioned. I have spend atleast a thousand hours, going over rosters, making sure that scoring is accurate within our leagues current scoring system, making sure that trades are moderately fair and don't deserve a veto, discussing league settings, scoring and other league related issues with current owners to find a better solution to problems that have arisen from within my own rules. I do all this because I love fantasy baseball and fantasy sports for that matter. I have several keeper leagues I still oversee. I have rules that are different from yours, I have a scoring system that will encourage discussion on how to make it better. I have a unique league setup that brings in a lot of quality owners and yes it also requires that an owner who may not return for one reason or another and I have to find a replacement. All of which I do because I love the sports I have set up leagues for, not because I am trying to make a profit off doing something that should payout 100% of what comes in.

So I agree with Madison that this was the intention of said commissioner to profit off of setting up leagues in order to turn a profit. If you want to say cheater I am ok with this. I bet the federal government would love to know about this extra cash he's bringing in and I imagine he's not claiming it on his taxes. (my opinion) So technically speaking it could be considered criminal.

It is, also in my opinion, unethical and a flat out attempt to deceive any owner who does not fully understand what he may be getting himself into.

So let the flood gates open.
thetwinsarein
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 3)

Postby moneyballing1 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:06 pm

that's ridiculous, anyone who is stealing in fantasy should be banned and black labeled from as many sites as possible. ridiculous.
moneyballing1
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 18)

Previous

Return to Classifieds