Catching CHEATERS! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Catching CHEATERS!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Catching CHEATERS!

Postby amadeusamadeus » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:42 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:simple solution is not to do pay leagues with strangers ;-D

so then there is no purpose for this website! thanks for letting me know...
amadeusamadeus
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:46 am

amadeusamadeus wrote:

there are a million others reasons for this website, but im just saying if people are worried playing for money with strangers, then i suggest not doing it.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby amadeusamadeus » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:28 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
amadeusamadeus wrote:

there are a million others reasons for this website, but im just saying if people are worried playing for money with strangers, then i suggest not doing it.

a million, maybe a dozen!!! lol
anywho I found a league with a trustworthy commish.
amadeusamadeus
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Rodney » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:13 pm

Put me down as another person who did not get a single person in my league from this site, let alone fill the league. I did manage to get 10 people, though I wanted 12, but as far as I know none of them came from here. I even bumped my topic every day, and still no luck. I did better just with the public posting on Yahoo.
Rodney
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:44 pm

amadeusamadeus wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
amadeusamadeus wrote:

anywho I found a league with a trustworthy commish.

If you think the Classifieds are what makes the FBC valuable, you have no idea. Spend some time in the Leftovers, GC, Draft/Trade, etc. This place is the single best fantasy sports resource anywhere....free or otherwise.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby MadDog36 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:07 pm

amadeusamadeus wrote:

there are a million others reasons for this website, but im just saying if people are worried playing for money with strangers, then i suggest not doing it.[/quote]

anywho I found a league with a trustworthy commish.[/quote]

If you think the Classifieds are what makes the FBC valuable, you have no idea. Spend some time in the Leftovers, GC, Draft/Trade, etc. This place is the single best fantasy sports resource anywhere....free or otherwise.[/quote]
:-) ;-D Nice
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1920)

Postby Rodney » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:10 pm

He should have said there is no purpose to the Classifieds section. The other areas seem like they work well enough, someone recommended I pick up Volquez which looks like it was a good idea, but I don't think the Classifieds section works very well.
Rodney
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby PapelbonBLEWit » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:31 am

Whatever you do, avoid fantasy GM's named KEN KANEDA and/or AARON QUINLEY

Both are known cheats and scam artists... One of my best friends played in a league with these two. They collaborated to retro actively change statistics on CBS Sportsline pay leagues.....

Just a fair warning, these guys were cooking the stats so steer clear! Happy Holidays!
PapelbonBLEWit
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Valman » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:36 pm

The guy advertising nfbc style leagues under the moniker of "cbssportsleaguefootball" is playing in each of his leagues for free!!! He is advertising quite a few leagues. Is this ok now or should it be buyer beware! :-C
Valman
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 17)

Postby johnchezy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:56 pm

Here's the thing guys, the rules of our board clearly state that anyone running a league is not allowed to pocket money from the entry fees. The ONLY way they get a nickel is if they win it by playing the league. Any other means of income for them is strictly forbidden on our boards. No commish fees, no administrative fees, no kickbacks from websites, etc., etc., etc. Just so happens we had one guy take it to an extreme, so this was needed in order to make the rules perfectly clear to everyone.

Not disputing your rule as a rule, but wondering why it's there in the first place. Isn't this a message board and not a fantasy league server? Aside from this site being a potential median between commissioner and owners what does messaging have to do with a private league that someone wants to start?

Just wondering.

That said, being a good commissioner is a lot of work. I've been running my league for 11 years and it takes a lot of time to keep it fun and also stay on top of every aspect.
It wouldn't hurt my feelings if I were to make a little on the league though it just doesn't happen that way.
I charge between $15-$20 for 10 owners, (I give everyone a chance to pay early and save $5) which covers the $150 cost of CBS and the Championship trophy. If I break even I'm doing good, considering there's usually an owner or 2 that doesn't pay.
johnchezy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to Classifieds