Catching CHEATERS! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Catching CHEATERS!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re:

Postby JTWood » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:42 pm

jimhorn888 wrote:I wouldn't worry too much. I have yet to see anyone, including myself, be able to fill a league either paid OR free using this site.

Interesting. I filled a brand new, ubercomplex, 14-team, money league in about two weeks from this very site not more than a couple of years ago.

:?
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Re:

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:47 am

JTWood wrote:
jimhorn888 wrote:I wouldn't worry too much. I have yet to see anyone, including myself, be able to fill a league either paid OR free using this site.

Interesting. I filled a brand new, ubercomplex, 14-team, money league in about two weeks from this very site not more than a couple of years ago.

:?

Yeah, I haven't started one using baseball, but last year I filled one on the light side in about 3 or 4 days, and 11 of the 12 people in the league were very active.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Catching CHEATERS!

Postby kcbrett5 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:07 pm

Cheating- Stealing, it's all bad. I have been a commish for 11 yrs. Its hard work, but i never would take pay for it, although it deserves it. I would never play in a league that doesnt have 100% payout, that my friend is a complete turn-off. If you think you should get payed, don't be a commish. This is a game, not a business.
kcbrett5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)
Location: Stepping up to the plate, 2 out bases loaded, down by 3, right where i want to be.

Postby bsballfreak » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:37 pm

just curious, if that is cheating, and i think it is, especially based on the site rules, how are people supposed to know if they pay for one of these leagues that the commish will not just pocket the money himself and not pay it out? what is stopping them? I am a newbie to this site and was wondering what the admins and other fantasy baseball managers think of this.
bsballfreak
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby RJ24VC15 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:02 pm

bsballfreak wrote:just curious, if that is cheating, and i think it is, especially based on the site rules, how are people supposed to know if they pay for one of these leagues that the commish will not just pocket the money himself and not pay it out? what is stopping them? I am a newbie to this site and was wondering what the admins and other fantasy baseball managers think of this.

You really don't know. It's good to get information about them, even if you use paypal to pay ask for their address and phone number. If they have run leagues before ask for the winners information to confirm everything went well.
RJ24VC15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby amadeusamadeus » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:24 pm

RJ24VC15 wrote:
bsballfreak wrote:just curious, if that is cheating, and i think it is, especially based on the site rules, how are people supposed to know if they pay for one of these leagues that the commish will not just pocket the money himself and not pay it out? what is stopping them? I am a newbie to this site and was wondering what the admins and other fantasy baseball managers think of this.

You really don't know. It's good to get information about them, even if you use paypal to pay ask for their address and phone number. If they have run leagues before ask for the winners information to confirm everything went well.

What is an address and number going to do though??? I was interested in joining your league who are the past winners? But I really want to know what info is going to do for you when you get ripped off?
amadeusamadeus
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby arneolson » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:31 pm

If you pay through Paypal or with a credit card, they have fraud detection departments. You notify the company that you suspect a charge was fraudulent, and they will investigate it for you. Most people would rather just refund the money than have the corporate lawyers coming after them. If you pay with cash or a personal check, it's buyer beware.
arneolson
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby amadeusamadeus » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:17 am

arneolson wrote:If you pay through Paypal or with a credit card, they have fraud detection departments. You notify the company that you suspect a charge was fraudulent, and they will investigate it for you. Most people would rather just refund the money than have the corporate lawyers coming after them. If you pay with cash or a personal check, it's buyer beware.

So they would investigate it after 8 months when the season is actually over?
amadeusamadeus
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby arneolson » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:08 am

It's a good question how long the time period is in which either Paypal or your credit card company would investigate and/or hold you harmless for a fraudulent transaction. You should be able to find out directly from them if you are really worried about it. My guess is that Paypal at least would investigate and perhaps suspend the user's account depending on what they found, though that might not help you with your individual transaction. But it's a pretty good bet that no one is going to be using Paypal repeatedly to defraud their customers. If they've been around for a few years and processed lots of transactions through Paypal, then they're probably safe.
arneolson
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:39 am

simple solution is not to do pay leagues with strangers ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Classifieds