Boone's back - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Boone's back

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Boone's back

Postby HOOTIE » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:33 am

NY signed Boone to a 1 year 5.75 mil deal. Sheffield, Gordon, Boone. That's around 50 mil in deals.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 292)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Re: Boone's back

Postby wrveres » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:51 am

HOOTIE wrote:NY signed Boone to a 1 year 5.75 mil deal. Sheffield, Gordon, Boone. That's around 50 mil in deals.

and he still needs to address the starting staff ... 200. mil?? can ya feel it ... ? :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 641)

Re: Boone's back

Postby Madison » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:04 am

wrveres wrote:200. mil?? can ya feel it ... ? :-)

It's looking like it will happen. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Ugh

Postby The Cow » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:57 am

Baseball is in sad shape. I mean look at who spends all the money the Yanks and the Sox. Those teams have such an unfair advantage over say my Tribe, money!!! Think about it if you were in a fantasy league with The George and say roster moves cost $100,000 grand, do you think you would stand a chance? You would have to draft almost perfectly to stand a chance. I was glad to see the fish win the series as I figured the George would have to spend big time to try and compete not to mention the Sox. My point is this, how long can baseball expect the fans to support losers???????????????????? Such as the Tribe, Reds, Pads, Pirates, Brewers etc.....
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Ugh

Postby Madison » Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:04 pm

The Cow wrote:Baseball is in sad shape. I mean look at who spends all the money the Yanks and the Sox. Those teams have such an unfair advantage over say my Tribe, money!!! Think about it if you were in a fantasy league with The George and say roster moves cost $100,000 grand, do you think you would stand a chance? You would have to draft almost perfectly to stand a chance. I was glad to see the fish win the series as I figured the George would have to spend big time to try and compete not to mention the Sox. My point is this, how long can baseball expect the fans to support losers???????????????????? Such as the Tribe, Reds, Pads, Pirates, Brewers etc.....

Don't look now, but the Pads are looking very good for next year. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Pads

Postby The Cow » Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:57 pm

The Pads do look good for next year, but they will not be able to be good over the long haul, meaning more than 1-3 seasons. The window of opportunity is very small for most teams.

Late
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Erboes » Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:23 pm

Hey, Cow, please don't tell me your an Indians fan. Do the team a favor and don't make excuses for them. You don't need a huge payroll to win; in fact, it is often a detrement -- just ask the Mets. The Indian's will be fine in a couple of seasons, if not sooner, so please don't use that "woe is us" routine, alright?
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:57 pm

The Cow wrote:Baseball is in sad shape. I mean look at who spends all the money the Yanks and the Sox. Those teams have such an unfair advantage over say my Tribe, money!!! Think about it if you were in a fantasy league with The George and say roster moves cost $100,000 grand, do you think you would stand a chance? You would have to draft almost perfectly to stand a chance. I was glad to see the fish win the series as I figured the George would have to spend big time to try and compete not to mention the Sox. My point is this, how long can baseball expect the fans to support losers???????????????????? Such as the Tribe, Reds, Pads, Pirates, Brewers etc.....

I will admit that some kind of happy medium would be nice for baseball but most of those teams that you list made their bed so they need to lie in it. Those teams could spend some money, not Yankee money, but some money. They choose to take their luxury tax money and put it into the bank rather than their team. For those teams, I feel no pity.

I am anxious to see how the Padres situation plays out long term. A lot of team cry poverty and the need for a stadium and then they trade away players a few years later, saying that they're losing money again.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Swinger » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:17 pm

Read Moneyball. NOW!
Swinger
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby LBJackal » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:01 pm

I may be mistaken, but doesn't Cleveland sell out Jacobs Field all the time, and have great revenue? Or was that only when the Jake was new??? Either way, if Cleveland fans are gonna pay to go see Chad Durbin and Ricky Gutierrez, then Chad Durbin and Ricky Gutierrez they shall see. Try being a Canadian team trying to get Delgado under contract using the equivalent of monopoly money :-P

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers