1B- Paul Konerko
2B-Brandon Phillips
3B- David Wright
OF- Gary Sheffield, Matt Holliday, Raul Ibanez
Util: Garrett Atkins
BN: Alex Gordon, Griffey

SP: Dice-K, Smoltz, Chris Young, Bronson Aroyyo, Carlos Zambrano
RP: Linebrink, Calero, Scott Shields, Luis Vizcaino

From my early round picks I was kind of tied to either wasting later picks to get steals, so I just punted them. I also decided to punt saves and instead go for ERA deflaters with high k/9
cowsvils
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BooksRnot4U » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:07 pm

Micheal barrett is a nice top 7-8 catcher in a 12 team league

Konerko is a top 5-7 first baseman who I personally don't like but he was a good pick for you

Phillips might be 20/20 with .280 average type or 15/15 with .265-.270 average type. I expect closer to 20/20 but isn't completley proven yet

David Wright is David Wright, not sure what pick you got him at but good pick nevertheless

Your OF is old 38, 28, 34... Sheffield should be fine at least for a year or two but who knows with his temper and somewhat of an injury risk. You should be slightly worried about ibanez just because he has never hda the kind of power season he had this year. I still pencil him in for 20-90-.290 and a bunch of runs but who knows if he can still give 30-110-.300 like he did last year. Holliday is in his prime and is a great keeper pick to round out a big 4 in your offense ((atkins, holliday, wright, konerko))

Your pitching is unproven, I think C. Young has hit his ceiling, but is fine as a 5th starter. I have no idea in what round you got zambrano and smoltz and dice-k in all of this but good drafting is what I must say. I am one of those guys who thinks Dice-K is overrated but he still should be the 3rd best japanese player in the league for his position ((I have high hopes for Johjima being a top 5 catcher and ichiro a top 5 hitter compared to not thinking that Dice-K is a top 7-12 SP)) but he should still contribute an ERA hovering below 4 and some nice K numbers as a 4th starter and then Smoltz and Zambrano are 200 IP/200 K/15 W guys and Zambrano is still very young on an improving team.

I like the idea to punt saves here and go for K/9. Another good K/9 RP that, if he is available, I would pick up in your case is Scott Eyre ((10.1)) but you should have that stat in the bag already imo.

I don't mind you punting Svs and SB here because I think even though you start off at best winning 10-2 weekley I do beleive that you will win on average about 7-5 or so

Nice drafting and I think this team i top 3-4 material

Thanks to Alec03 for the awesome sig
BooksRnot4U
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby cowsvils » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:11 pm

Should I package Gordon + one of my OF for a strong young outfielder seeing as I already have two strong 3B. PS I can also only keep my players for a tops of 3 years.
cowsvils
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BooksRnot4U » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:51 pm

I say depending on how high watever owner is for gordon you should try it ALTHOUGH

it depends on how many keepers you are allow to have because if gordon can be one of your 7-8 keepers if that many are aloud. But if it is only 5 keepers or less I say try and package him for a young OF or maybe something like Phillips, Gordon, Ibanez for a very above average young 2B ((cano was what I was thinking)) and then a young 2nd OF and a DECENT UTL option ((maybe someone like Rich Aurillia who can play many positions but isn't talented enough to be a keeper anyway))

((I would keep Konerko, Holliday, Atkins, Wright, Zambrano, Smoltz, and maybe Dice-K ahead of him))

either way that is just a minute detail that if you want to atempt it could make your team more consistent but it is not needed by any stretch of the imagination. Do it if some people in the league are overly high on Gordon.

Thanks to Alec03 for the awesome sig
BooksRnot4U
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team