Criticism and compliments welcome - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Criticism and compliments welcome

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Criticism and compliments welcome

Postby ThatDude » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:41 pm

16 team H2H/roto league.

23 man rosters with daily roster changes.

Hitting cats = AVG, R, HR, RBI, SB, TB, E
Pitching cats = W, L, SV, HLD, K, ERA, WHIP (7 IP minimum per week)

C - Josh Bard
1B - Paul Konerko
2B - Ian Kinsler
3B - Akinori Iwamura
SS - Jimmy Rollins
LF - Raúl Ibañez
CF - Mike Cameron
RF - Lance Berkman (1B/RF)
Util - Jim Thome
Util - Lyle Overbay
BN - Kevin Youkilis (1B/3B/RF)
BN - Jacque Jones
BN - Matt Murton

SP - Jeremy Bonderman
SP - Mark Prior
RP - Takashi Saito
RP - Juan Rincón
P - José Contreras
P - Jake Westbrook
P - Kelvim Escobar
P - Justin Duchscherer
BN - Michael Wuertz
BN - Homer Bailey
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby os_gamejunkie » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:36 pm

Couple things stand out here. Iwamaru at third is extreme gamble at such a deep posiiton, there had to have been/should be a better value out there. If Iwamaru has an excellentt season I'm thinking .285/15/75. Also, You're putting a lot of faith as having Prior as your #2 starter. Nothing wrong with taking a gamble, he's barely the 4th best pitcher on the Cubs staff right now. Finally, I'd make an upgrade at catcher. You're extremely deep at first so a trade may be available. I'd also keep an an eye on Ianetta or Paulino to see if the experts are right and make upgrade. Bard has little fantasy value IMO.
os_gamejunkie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sleepyglow » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:27 pm

os_gamejunkie wrote:Couple things stand out here. Iwamaru at third is extreme gamble at such a deep posiiton, there had to have been/should be a better value out there. If Iwamaru has an excellentt season I'm thinking .285/15/75. Also, You're putting a lot of faith as having Prior as your #2 starter. Nothing wrong with taking a gamble, he's barely the 4th best pitcher on the Cubs staff right now. Finally, I'd make an upgrade at catcher. You're extremely deep at first so a trade may be available. I'd also keep an an eye on Ianetta or Paulino to see if the experts are right and make upgrade. Bard has little fantasy value IMO.

i agree 100% with all of this.

my addition is that i believe bailey is being shipped back to Trip A based upon poor performance so you may want to take another gamble there like Oliver Perez, John Maine, or Gorzelanny
sleepyglow
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ThatDude » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:00 pm

For as deep as 3B is, it dried up REAL quick. This is the entire list of people that qualify at 3B that are leftover after the draft, and it's hardly impressive.

Mark DeRosa
Mike Lamb
Tony Graffanino
Nick Punto
Maicer Izturis
Eric Hinske
Esteban Germán
Olmedo Sáenz
Álex Cintrón
Aaron Boone
Scott Spiezio
Robb Quinlan
Marco Scutaro
José Bautista
Pablo Ozuna
Jeff Cirillo
Corey Koskie
Omar Infante
Russell Branyan
Willy Aybar
Antonio Pérez
Willie Bloomquist
Neifi Pérez
Dallas McPherson
Jeff Keppinger
Vinny Rottino
Andy La Roche
Joel Guzmán
Josh Fields
John Hattig
Evan Longoria
Luis Rodríguez
Andy Phillips
Ramón E. Martínez
Geoff Blum
Abraham Núñez
Damion Easley
Juan Castro
Álex Cora
Pete Orr
César Izturis
Andy Marte
Chris Woodward

I actually drafted Youkilis as my 3B, and then grabbed Iwamura in the next to last round. I'm not sure why Yahoo put him in my 3B spot, but whatever. I grabbed Bailey in the last round.

As for the catchers spot, I pretty much punted on it when I missed Barrett. Paulino was drafted, but Ianetta is available.

Thome can't play anywhere but Util, and with Youk at 3B, I don't really see myself that deep at 1B. I'm not opposed to trading one of that 1B group, but I'd have to be pretty impressed to part with that power.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:09 pm

I'd say you have a solid offense. You surely have a less-than-desirable 3B in Iwamura just because typically you would want a 30 HR type on the hot corner, but of course, 3B is surely not as deep as some have said it to be. Your starting pitching is a concern, but I think the likes of Contreras and Escobar should be decent enough to hold it up alongside Bonderman. The X-factors have to be Prior (obviously given his injury history and him appearing to have "lost" velocity from one ST outing thus far) and Homer Bailey (if he cracks the Bigs this year, otherwise he burns a roster spot on redraft).

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=256927
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 671)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team