Just Drafted please Critique! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Just Drafted please Critique!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Just Drafted please Critique!

Postby PowderedToastMan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:30 pm

It is a CBS 10 Team H2H points league no Cats to win for loose powerhitters and Wins/Ks/Saves are coveted

C-Mauer
1st-Pujols
2nd-Kendrick
SS-Crosby
3rd-A.Ramirez
OF-Dunn
OF-A.Jones
OF-Kearns
DH-Crede

Pitching

Myers
Beckett
Sabatha
Papelbon
kazmir
Flash Gordon
Lidge
Cabrera
Reyes
Bush
Patterson
Snell
Lilly

Thanks for the look if you need advice or anything Link yours!
PowderedToastMan
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Hacktastic » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:43 pm

yet another Mauer guy, I see :-b Not sure when you got him, but if you like power then I'd have waited a round for McCann. You've got great power overall, but it looks to me like you'll be seeing a lot of weeks where you win/lose HR and RBI by a long shot. That's partially because some of your biggest power hitters hit for frustratingly bad average, Pujols excluded. But since you're in a power hitter friendly league, you're definately set to go in that department one way or the other. Let's hope this is Bobby Crosby's big year finally.

On pitchers, looks like you went all out in that department when it was getting to be too late. I like Sabathia. Reyes, Kazmir and Papelbon have good upsides but don't be surprised if you get disappointed by one or two of them. Beckett isn't even close to being a fantasy #2 anymore, but at least you have a chance to get W's out of him. Maybe needs some work because you're not going to get wins or K's out of most of these guys.
Hacktastic
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby bazzy_51 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:19 pm

well the only questions i have about your bats are Crosby, kendrick and kearns....the first 2 if its a power weighted league whats the purpose? crosby hasn't showed anything after all the hype on him, and kendrick could show some pop in his bat, but hes more of a great ave, run and ops fantasy palyer then a home run hitter...and then kearns as one of your 3 starting OFs? i now understand the kendrick pick a little more, but mauer, kendrick and pujols won't carry your teams average all season, and all 3 of your OF, and maybe crede will kill your ave...but other then those couple questions the bats look real good, in a regular standard cat league you would have a real good shot at a top 5 AT LEAST...i really like the combo of Myers, CC, Kazmir and bush...i disagree with the last post about your pitching, you have a very nice balance...he was right beckett is no longer a #2 fantasy option, but thats not what hes looking like on your team...i would go like this...1myers 2cc 3kazmir 4bush 5beckett 6any combo of the rest...and with a combo of snell and ted lilly rounding out your rotation you will be FINE...and then the closers...i own papelbon in a couple leagues, and im kinda hoping he comes back to be a closer later and posts the same numbers as last year...if he does you are SET with Flash and Lidge as a 1-2-3 punch...if not, i think this MIGHT be the only ? of the bullpen...try looking for Bonxton...if hes a FA GET HIM NOW, if you can get him cheap i would do it, he will be a closer in no time...grade, 8.5/10

help me out...

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=256873

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team