Schedule Matrix - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Schedule Matrix

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Schedule Matrix

Postby jmintert » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:48 pm

I'm starting another league this year and cbs is having trouble giving me a schedule that I like. I have a 10 team league, split into 2 divisions of 5 teams each. We will play 21 regular season games.

I am trying to set up a schedule whereby teams will play intra-division games for 16 games (playing each team within the division 4 times each), and inter-division games for 5 games (playing each team in the other division 1 time each).

Does anyone have a schedule matrix/grid that will help me? Or do you know of resources/web sites that will assist in building a schedule?

Alternatively, if you have a better idea on how I should address the schedule, I'm open to suggestions. I thought about 12 games intra-division, 9 games inter-division as well.

Thanks.
jmintert
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Trojan Pony » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:37 pm

I had to do the same exact thing and ESPN let me customize the whole thing...took like 30-45 minutes and it was all done. So I can recommend switching to ESPN, other than that I'm not too familiar with Sportsline and don't know of a program out there, sorry.
Trojan Pony
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby EvilMonkey » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:28 am

I feel your pain when it comes to creating your own schedule for your league. The keeper money league that I joined this year had the same format and we wanted to do a 21 week season and couldn't make the schedule work.

The good news is there IS a site out there that I came across that solves this age old problem.

http://schedules.footballguys.com/

Gotta give mad props to whoever put that together because it simplifies the whole process so all you have to do is fill in the blanks. It gives you options for almost every league imaginable based on the number of teams in your league, if you have multiple divisions - and the number of weeks you want your season to be. Hope this helps. ;-D
EvilMonkey
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Trojan Pony » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:10 am

but that's for football and it only goes up to 16 weeks?
Trojan Pony
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby EvilMonkey » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:06 pm

!+) Thanks Trojan Pony - I need to stop posting on crack.

Though the site is limited to a fantasy football schedule, you can still use it to put something together. Under the 10 team/2 division option, they had a choice of a 22 week season where each team plays divisional opponents three times and all other teams twice. We went with this option in our keeper league.

It's not perfect but it might give you some ideas with putting your schedule together.
EvilMonkey
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Commissioner's Corner