Chuck James, Mike Timlin, Betemit/Dodgers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Chuck James, Mike Timlin, Betemit/Dodgers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chuck James, Mike Timlin, Betemit/Dodgers

Postby MadDog36 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:53 pm

I just wanted to let you guys know that Chuck James has developed a new pitch a slider and has finally gotten control of it. Gives him a good breaking pitch to go with his fastball and changeup. That should make him even tougher to figure out. Good sign for things to come. If he was left undrafted, you better get him while you can.

Mike Timlin - he will be in line to be the closer in boston, so if you need saves go out and get him. Piniero has stunk it up, and that isn't good. I gave him a vote of confidence...but I guess he's proving me wrong.

Wilson Betemit - has been struggling this spring...is that mean nomar going to 3rd/laroche getting a chance if nomar goes over who plays 1st? I would like an update on the Dodgers CI situation.
(LONEY?)

Also, what is the 3b situation looking at for a lot of teams with an opening. Who appears to be the winners there. ;-D
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1886)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby spamnon » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:57 pm

why does chuck james never project to be a high k pitcher in the big leagues? last year he had a respectable 6.88 k/9 rate, but if you look at his minor league numbers he was in the 10-12 k/9 rate. why wouldn't that necessarily translate to the big leagues?
I love fantasy baseball but I love fantasy life more... http://www.citypixel.com/AM
spamnon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Rage » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:01 am

Chuck James has been going either very late or undrafted in most of the mocks I've done so he is a definite waiver wire pull and I feel he'll win 15 games and be solid in all other cats.
Rage
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Denmarch » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:46 am

Rage wrote:Chuck James has been going either very late or undrafted in most of the mocks I've done so he is a definite waiver wire pull and I feel he'll win 15 games and be solid in all other cats.

I think you're right, especially now that he's getting good at a third pitch. I had a choice to keep Chuck James or Rich Hill and kept Hill, but I'll definitely look out for James later in my draft next week.
Denmarch
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Injuries & Player Updates