Jon Patterson? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Jon Patterson?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jon Patterson?

Postby Steelers Rule » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:05 pm

I need to start a thread to see if anyone has info on how he is doing this preseason. :-°
Steelers Rule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:19 pm

From CBS Sportsline:
MLB.com reports Nationals SP John Patterson pitched three shutout innings in an accelerated intrasquad game on Thursday, retiring 12 batters and striking out five. He threw all of his pitches without incident. "As you can tell, I was very relaxed, just thinking about my delivery, making my pitches," he said. "It was the best I've felt. The ball seemed to be coming out of my hand pretty well. It was staying true. It's what I've been looking for. I've been a little quick in my delivery. Today, I felt it was a little improvement on that."
(Updated 03/09/2007).
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby spamnon » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:53 pm

StarsNPinstripes wrote:From CBS Sportsline:
MLB.com reports Nationals SP John Patterson pitched three shutout innings in an accelerated intrasquad game on Thursday, retiring 12 batters and striking out five. He threw all of his pitches without incident. "As you can tell, I was very relaxed, just thinking about my delivery, making my pitches," he said. "It was the best I've felt. The ball seemed to be coming out of my hand pretty well. It was staying true. It's what I've been looking for. I've been a little quick in my delivery. Today, I felt it was a little improvement on that."
(Updated 03/09/2007).

that's nice! ;-D
I love fantasy baseball but I love fantasy life more... http://www.citypixel.com/AM
spamnon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ScarletP » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:22 pm

(Updated 03/09/2007).

He threw 3 innings but retired 12 batters??? Either this is bad math, or 3 of those strikeouts were on wild pitches where the batters reached...

Nice to know he's feeling good though.
ScarletP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BooksRnot4U » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:42 pm

maybe they meant 12 batters faced with 3 reaching and 9 retired or I don't know but its nice to see him doing good

if he can stay healthy he is a top 15-20 pitcher imo

Thanks to Alec03 for the awesome sig
BooksRnot4U
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SkeetNation » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:15 pm

ScarletP wrote:
(Updated 03/09/2007).

He threw 3 innings but retired 12 batters??? Either this is bad math, or 3 of those strikeouts were on wild pitches where the batters reached...

Nice to know he's feeling good though.

Maybe he threw more then 3 innings, but they just mentioned the 3 that were shutouts.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
SkeetNation
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Denmarch » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:18 pm

That's kind of poorly written. It's possible that he pitched 3 shutout innings, and then pitched some more and gave up a run...but then they said it in a unnecessarily cryptic way.

If I may: "Manny Ramirez did not hit any triples yesterday, though he did reach third twice, and was able to run past it once. He played solid defense for seven innings."

:*)
Denmarch
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Denmarch » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:26 pm

Also, Patterson sounds like he's good to go. I wouldn't count on many wins, maybe 11 if he pitches the whole year...but he should help you in three other categories if healthy.
Denmarch
College Coach
College Coach

yup

Postby scotty_pod » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:17 pm

I took a flier on Patterson AND Harden this year hoping one of them will pan out...if they both pan out, my top 5 starters will be

Zambrano
Kazmir
Harden
Patterson
Jered Weaver

Daddy like. :-D
scotty_pod
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Chip1010 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:10 am

I, like the fellow above me with the smaller but equally awesome Mariners logo, took a flier on him, too. I autodrafted him pretty high on accident last year and it was tough, but if you got him in the mid to late rounds, I think you're in good shape this season. Great stuff, great park to pitch in.
Chip1010
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates