My Christmas Wish List to Santa Theo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Boston Red Sox

My Christmas Wish List to Santa Theo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My Christmas Wish List to Santa Theo

Postby nsulham » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:44 pm

SportsCenter just had Jayson Stark on talking about the never-ending A-Rod speculation so I got to thinking. Here's how I think a deal can happen:

I think Texas will eventually bite the bullet and take Manny. To sweeten the pot, throw in Arroyo and possibly Shoppach if needed to land A-Rod.

Then ship Nomar off to Anaheim (provided the Halo's haven't already signed Miggy) for Troy Glaus.

Shift Mueller over to 2B and you now have a lineup that looks like this:

CF Damon
2B Mueller
RF Nixon
SS A-Rod
1B Ortiz
3B Glaus
LF Millar
C Varitek
DH ?

and a rotation with

SP Pedro
SP Schilling
SP Lowe
SP Wakefield
SP Kim
CP Foulke

They'll probably have to sign a DH-type but knowing Theo, he wouldn't have a problem finding a cheap non-tender.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:09 pm

Until they realize that the Rangers have zero interest in Manny, there will not be a trade. The Rangers are not interested in picking up a contract of that size, and the last thing they need is another outfielder.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:49 pm

Just DH Nomar

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Sox FANatic001 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:03 pm

i've actually been hopig that if we pull off the AROD thing that we could move Nomar to second. I've reqad in a few places that he wants to stay here. I dont know if he'd go to second, but i dont wanna dh him, he's got such a huge range on defense, it'll be nice to have a good defensive second baseman ;-) , i'd rather DH Arod. Also, could wer afford both Nomar and Arod? WHo to left? Millar and Ortiz to first would prolly work. That would give us
CF Damon
RF NIxon
2B Nomar
SS Arod
1B Ortiz
LF Millar
3b Mueller
C V-Teck
DH?

Looks like a decent lineup. Anyone have anythoughts on this. I know its unlikely, but i think that in theory it could happen.

Also, someone had said to trade schoppach, WhileWe could possibly do that, I dont wanna, We have lotsa free agents in 04, V-Teck is one. I've heard, dont know the validity of this, that we might not resign him :,-( and move in schoppac. This would leav more $ for nomar and Pedro andf other free agents.
just some thopughts of mine, i'd like to see what u all think of this.
Lets Go patsox!

yay! sox win!!!
bambino-1918-2004
Rest In Pain ;-)

Big David Ortiz Rocks my socks off
him and pokey
Sox FANatic001
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby mikcou » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:14 am

Maybe the Sox should sign Fullmer he could be 1B/DH and would be cheap...
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Madison » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:58 am

mikcou wrote:Maybe the Sox should sign Fullmer he could be 1B/DH and would be cheap...

That's actually not a bad idea. Rumors have David Ortiz leaving so Fullmer would fill his spot.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mikcou » Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:09 am

Madison wrote:
mikcou wrote:Maybe the Sox should sign Fullmer he could be 1B/DH and would be cheap...

That's actually not a bad idea. Rumors have David Ortiz leaving so Fullmer would fill his spot.

well scrap that he was signed :~(
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Madison » Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:18 am

mikcou wrote:
Madison wrote:

well scrap that he was signed :~(

Yeah, by Texas of all people. 8-o
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Nomar vs. Arod

Postby Kconn321 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:02 pm

"I dont know if he'd go to second, but i dont wanna dh him, he's got such a huge range on defense, it'll be nice to have a good defensive second baseman"

Whoever wrote this has got to be taking some kind of drugs. Nomar is losing his range, and unfortunatly will have to move to third base if anything. A-rod is a much better SS all around, and as for Ortiz, he'll be in a sox uniform for a looooong time thanks to Epstein.

-Die Hard Sox Fan-
Kconn321

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Re: Nomar vs. Arod

Postby mikcou » Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:22 pm

Kconn321 wrote:"I dont know if he'd go to second, but i dont wanna dh him, he's got such a huge range on defense, it'll be nice to have a good defensive second baseman"

Whoever wrote this has got to be taking some kind of drugs. Nomar is losing his range, and unfortunatly will have to move to third base if anything. A-rod is a much better SS all around, and as for Ortiz, he'll be in a sox uniform for a looooong time thanks to Epstein.

-Die Hard Sox Fan-

Yes we have established that A-Rod is a better shortstop than Nomar. However i dont agree with you that nomar's range is going down. If it is going down it is not very apparent. Id be suprised if Nomar was moved to 3B for a long time...
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Boston Red Sox