Trot Nixon - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trot Nixon

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby HOOTIE » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:04 am

shortsavage wrote:
Do you think that there is a chance that his 2003 numbers could have been padded by the extra rest that his body was given in lieu of his injuries?


It's quite possible.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 15115
(Past Year: 297)
Joined: 12 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Madison » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:03 am

I see Trot as a solid producer. Not flashy, and won't hit 50 home runs, but solid. Most people overlook him, so he usually falls late in the draft. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby wrveres » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:42 pm

Madison wrote:I see Trot as a solid producer. Not flashy, and won't hit 50 home runs, but solid. Most people overlook him, so he usually falls late in the draft. ;-)


yep, and I know someone that picked Jay Payton over him .... ;-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 720)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:46 pm

wrveres wrote:
Madison wrote:I see Trot as a solid producer. Not flashy, and won't hit 50 home runs, but solid. Most people overlook him, so he usually falls late in the draft. ;-)


yep, and I know someone that picked Jay Payton over him .... ;-)


I know who you are referring to. Lol. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby mikcou » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:57 pm

He should probably be able to repeat his 2003 numbers considering the other hitters in the Sox lineup.
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2060
Joined: 28 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Red Sox Nation

Postby wrveres » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:32 pm

mikcou wrote:He should probably be able to repeat his 2003 numbers considering the other hitters in the Sox lineup.


He has a very decent three year average. You could say its bolstered by the Sox offense, but 'He' hit those dingers, and 'He' hit ... 3 out of 10 :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 720)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikcou » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:38 pm

wrveres wrote:
mikcou wrote:He should probably be able to repeat his 2003 numbers considering the other hitters in the Sox lineup.


He has a very decent three year average. You could say its bolstered by the Sox offense, but 'He' hit those dingers, and 'He' hit ... 3 out of 10 :-)


yes I know that he hit the homers and he hit but the lineup isnt going to hurt him. The thing that is hurting him is his inability to hit lefthanded pitching.
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2060
Joined: 28 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Red Sox Nation

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Oct. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Pittsburgh
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact