Trot Nixon - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trot Nixon

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trot Nixon

Postby Apex » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:26 pm

Just curious here....

I'm curious about the general consensus of Trot Nixon. I'd originally thought that he might be a player worth a 10th round (or better) draft pick, but I noticed he went in the 14th round of the non-keeper and the 13th round of the keeper mock drafts.

To me his numbers (.306 AVG, .396 OBP, .578 SLG) suggest a higher draft pick. Are people not convinced that he can put up these numbers year-in and year-out? Are his HR/RBI numbers too low for an outfielder? Is there an injury concern? I'm reaching now, so I'll shut up and listen!

Thanks.
Apex
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:45 pm

Nope, solid OF that won't hurt you.. IMO You could do much worse.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby shortsavage » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:50 pm

He is a average fantasy outfielder. He was inhibited by some injuries last season. Look for him to be a top 35 Outfielder in 2004.

BTW, Nixon was a 9th rounder in my league last season. I would expect him to get selected around the 8th round with the likes of Shannon Stewart in 2004.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby pkarr5000 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:14 pm

many people are either just forgetting about him in the midst of wonderful boston hitters or theyre probably still mad about that little incident ;-)
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mtarail » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:18 pm

Hasn't had he had injury problems in the past? He had a breakout year last year, but I think 10th round is just about right for where to take him.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:39 pm

shortsavage wrote:He is a average fantasy outfielder. He was inhibited by some injuries last season.

Average in a 6 team league perhaps. In a 12 team league, he's cetaintly over average.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby shortsavage » Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:57 pm

HOOTIE wrote:
shortsavage wrote:He is a average fantasy outfielder. He was inhibited by some injuries last season.

Average in a 6 team league perhaps. In a 12 team league, he's cetaintly over average.

I'm not sure about that one.

Can you throw some numbers, that express his relation to the average fantasy outfielder in the major offensive categories, at me?
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:04 pm

shortsavage wrote:
Can you throw some numbers, that express his relation to the average fantasy outfielder in the major offensive categories, at me?

No number's, just a opinion. Average is such a blah word. To me, 28 hrs, 87 rbis in just over 400 abs, is more then average. In a few weeks, i will have his dollars earned. Maybe this will help?
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby shortsavage » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:21 pm

HOOTIE wrote:
shortsavage wrote:

No number's, just a opinion. Average is such a blah word. To me, 28 hrs, 87 rbis in just over 400 abs, is more then average. In a few weeks, i will have his dollars earned. Maybe this will help?

Do you think that there is a chance that his 2003 numbers could have been padded by the extra rest that his body was given in lieu of his injuries?
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:37 am

HOOTIE wrote:
shortsavage wrote:

No numbers? After all of the numbers that you threw at me in a different thread, I thought that you'd have them flowing again. :-D Just kidding. I think that he is a better baseball player than fantasy player. I wouldn't mind him on any team of mine.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers