100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I Work In Dumbsville

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: I Work In Dumbsville

Postby Madison » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:58 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Madison wrote:
Coppermine wrote:And Madison, I'm guessing I didn't notice because I already know where Municipal Stadium is... but still, that's not excuse, i should have been all over this and making fun of them years ago.

So you're just as guilty as them. :-b

HA! :-B

:-b

Yeah, yet I don't work for the city of Hagerstown... I don't really live there either, I just work there. So I'd argue that I'm at least less guilty than residents and city officials. :-D

I just saw it as a good opportunity to pick on ya a bit. All in good fun. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:41 pm

Didn't Hagerstown used to be a Blue Jays affiliate?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby Coppermine » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:45 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Didn't Hagerstown used to be a Blue Jays affiliate?

They change affiliates almost every year; in the last 3 years they've been the Giants, Mets and now the Nats, but I'm almost positive they were the Blue Jays for a while.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby byfrcp » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:19 am

I ordered a new cell phone last night and tracking says it's shipping out of Hagerstown, then I see this, weird coincidence.
byfrcp
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby 5 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:08 pm

Coppermine wrote:Or, more appropriately, I work in Hagerstown... they're synonymous:

HAGERSTOWN, Md. (AP) The city of Hagerstown corrected a municipal spelling error Thursday, 20 years after committing it.
A sign directing drivers to "Municpal Stadium" was replaced with one displaying the proper spelling, said Erik Kline, city traffic control supervisor.

The sign was erected in the mid- to late 1980s, but the error went uncorrected until The (Hagerstown) Herald-Mail brought it to City Hall's attention this week, prompted by a reader's complaint.

Kline said the longtime tolerance for the misspelled sign shouldn't reflect poorly on the western Maryland city of 38,000.

"I think it was a mistake that was made. I don't know that it necessarily makes us look bad," Kline said.

"Municpal" Stadium is home of the single A Hagerstown Suns... I always try to go on Thirsty Thursday for dollar beer nights, but the stadium sucks. In any case, this was posted on the Light Side and I just had to bring it over considering I'm typing this from Hagerstown.

Oh my...my wife had to go there for a work retreat (b.s.)...it's quite a place from what I hear. Bass-ackwards.
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Coppermine » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:10 pm

5 wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Or, more appropriately, I work in Hagerstown... they're synonymous:

HAGERSTOWN, Md. (AP) The city of Hagerstown corrected a municipal spelling error Thursday, 20 years after committing it.
A sign directing drivers to "Municpal Stadium" was replaced with one displaying the proper spelling, said Erik Kline, city traffic control supervisor.

The sign was erected in the mid- to late 1980s, but the error went uncorrected until The (Hagerstown) Herald-Mail brought it to City Hall's attention this week, prompted by a reader's complaint.

Kline said the longtime tolerance for the misspelled sign shouldn't reflect poorly on the western Maryland city of 38,000.

"I think it was a mistake that was made. I don't know that it necessarily makes us look bad," Kline said.

"Municpal" Stadium is home of the single A Hagerstown Suns... I always try to go on Thirsty Thursday for dollar beer nights, but the stadium sucks. In any case, this was posted on the Light Side and I just had to bring it over considering I'm typing this from Hagerstown.

Oh my...my wife had to go there for a work retreat (b.s.)...it's quite a place from what I hear. Bass-ackwards.

It's not nearly as bad as the nearby West Virginia panhandle or Franklin County, PA.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby 5 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:20 pm

ouch...hope there's not too many WV panhandlers or Franklin Country PA folks here. (wait...do they have online access? :-o )

Jerry Jerry Jerry !!!
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:22 pm

5 wrote:ouch...hope there's not too many WV panhandlers or Franklin Country PA folks here. (wait...do they have online access? :-o )

Jerry Jerry Jerry !!!

i picture the entire state of West Virgina like Cletus and his kin from the Simpsons
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby 5 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:27 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
5 wrote:ouch...hope there's not too many WV panhandlers or Franklin Country PA folks here. (wait...do they have online access? :-o )

Jerry Jerry Jerry !!!

i picture the entire state of West Virgina like Cletus and his kin from the Simpsons

Hah. Did you ever see the Family Guy when they were in some hick place? Now that was funny.
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Coppermine » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:13 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:

Jerry Jerry Jerry !!!

The worst part is, the panhandle is by far the most civilized part of the state.

I once drove through West Virginia on my way to Ohio... yikes. It was like Deliverance except in a car instead of a canoe.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk